Income issue - edit paycheck not working

Options

Has this issue been fixed yet? All I see in previous posts are discussions of the issue and closed topics, but no post about the resolution!
Although I've been a customer for over a decade, I'm considering ending my subscription.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Lois W,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. When did the issue first start? What is happening when you try to edit your paycheck reminder?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Lois W
    Lois W Member ✭✭
    Options

I solved my own issue. This was described well by member Mike Harris quoted as follows:

✭✭September 2023 edited November 2023 "Previously when clicking on Edit this and all future instances of a paycheck, we could edit it in the same categorized look and feel as when entering a paycheck. Now it brings up "Edit Income Reminder" with Details: Category:Split. Clicking on this brings up XYZ Paycheck Category —Split— which you have to click on the split arrow, which brings up a list of Split Transaction categories which are not self-explanator (such as offsetting employer match transactions)."

I had been using the edit window Mike Harris describes above as if I were using the edit window that was previously available, not realizing I needed to adjust the transaction total before exiting in order for the edits to 'take'. The window we used to have to edit paychecks, and still have if you open a paycheck that has already been posted to the register, would automatically adjust the net pay as we made edits to the different categories.

My issue is solved if I adjust the transaction total after making all my edits. HOWEVER, I really wish you had not taken away the window we used to have to edit existing/future paychecks from the manage bills & income tab. Why would you provide less features than were previously available and call it an upgrade?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

Thank you for sharing the solution you found.

That said, what you are describing makes it sound like Quicken is seeing an income reminder for a split transaction instead of a paycheck reminder. When you try to edit the reminder, are you seeing a screen like this sample image:

Or are you seeing a screen like this sample image:

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

• Lois W
    Lois W Member ✭✭
    Options

I am seeing the second image.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

If you're seeing the second image, that means your Quicken file is no longer seeing it as a Paycheck reminder and is instead seeing it as an Income reminder that is a split transaction. There are a couple options. If this issue started fairly recently, you can try restoring a backup from before the issue started to get it back to reflecting as a Paycheck reminder. If restoring a backup isn't a viable option, then using the solution you found on the 15th would be the best option.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Lois W

In the past, most paycheck reminder showing as a regular split reminder were resolved by reinstalling Quicken. Have you tried reinstalling?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Lois W
    Lois W Member ✭✭
    Options

@mshiggins I have not tried reinstalling Quicken. How would I do that now that I'm on a subscription?

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Lois W
    Lois W Member ✭✭
    Options

Reinstalling Quicken did not resolve my issue with the Paycheck reminder being seen instead as an Income reminder that is a split transaction.

I will use my own work around.

• micdif
    micdif Member ✭✭
    Options

I switched over to an income reminder instead of a paycheck reminder after the bug last year where the splits were all messed up and duplicated.

I haven't had an issue using the income reminder but after I adjusted my splits when I received a raise, when I click enter the income, the splits are displaying my old split amounts and I have to manually adjust all of them even though I already have the splits updated.

When I click Split (click to edit) it shows the updated split amounts but clicking Enter the splits aren't showing correctly.