I am trying to change back to R55.12 Unable to open R55.12

Options
tbf47
tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭

when I down load the it and open the file I get the following…..

Any suggestions?

Could not parse the URL "xxxx\AppData\local\temp\IXP002.TMP\CURRENT/WYSERVER.WYS" it's either malformed or is an unknown protocol.

Windows 10 * Quicken Premier user.

Quicken user since 198x something. Started with Quicken for DOS 5.X

Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @tbf47,

If it's refusing to run/open, it may be that it didn't download properly. If that is the case, you can use this link to redownload it. Another thing to check is that you don't have security software blocking it. You can do this by pausing your antivirus, and if you get a UAC pop-up, make sure to allow.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I suggest that you either do: Help → Check for Updates and get the now available R55.15 release that fixes the problems with the Tax Planner/QFX file that are in R55.13.

Or get it from here:

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

IS R55.15 in staged release or for all users?

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Could not parse the URL "xxxx\AppData\local\temp\IXP002.TMP\CURRENT/WYSERVER.WYS" it's either
    malformed or is an unknown protocol.

A permanent solution to get around this error is to change the Windows User TEMP and TMP path variables to a different folder which is not part of the C:\Users\… folder structure.

Please consider changing this:

In Windows Control Panel / System / Advanced System Settings / Environment Variables both the TEMP and TMP variables usually point to a valid and existing folder, typically
    C:\Users\your_username_here\AppData\Local\Temp

I recommend you create a new folder, C:\Temp, and change both the TEMP and TMP user environment variables in Control Panel/… to point to C:\Temp, reboot Windows, verify the new Temp folder is now in use and try your Quicken installation again

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

R55.15 seemed to resolve the problem. Thank you

Windows 10 * Quicken Premier user.

Quicken user since 198x something. Started with Quicken for DOS 5.X

• Dave335
    Dave335 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Is everyone finding R55.15 to be a stable update since it is the third one this month? I am running R54.16 and ALL is working right now after having issues with some update issues in Dec/January that seemed to be fixed in 54.16. Just wanted to see if folks here have found any weird issues with this update or if it is all good to go. A couple of responses would be appreciated before I decide to update or wait.

This discussion has been closed.