Budget totals on mobile and web app not correct

Options

I am having the same issue that a previous post (from Oct 2023) has detailed. The budget is syncing to the Web and iOS app correctly, transactions are syncing correctly, yet, the iOS app about a month / 6 weeks ago started displaying the budget totals incorrectly (it worked great previously, as a matter of fact, this is the feature that I find more useful in the iOS app than in the Mac App itself….). Similarly to the other post, I find that the category totals (and remaining budget) is not calculated correctly, despite the actual transactions showing up accurately when a budget category is clicked in the app. I followed the advice by @Quicken Anja on manually resetting (i.e. deleting) the cloud account. Terrible advice ! The reset will BLOW AWAY all your account download connections and eBill connections AND at the same time WILL NOT solve this problem. I had spent about 3 hours reconnecting all my download accounts and eBillers and I'm STILL having the exact same problem with the iOS budget function as before.

Comments

• DrMoneyBB
    DrMoneyBB Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Anja - would you have any suggestions ? I really liked the budgeting report on the mobile app (when it worked properly) and would love to have it back! (unfortunately , the "delete cloud account" did not work out too well, but I'm hoping you'd have some other recommendations….. 🙂)

• DrMoneyBB
    DrMoneyBB Member ✭✭
    Options

@jacobs - any ideas on your part ?

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@DrMoneyBB Sorry, I do not use the mobile app at all. I didn't see your posts because I don't even monitor the Quicken Mobile categories in the forum. I love the idea of the mobile app, but I've read of too many people who have had data in their desktop data file overwritten/messed up because of syncing issues that I simply choose to not use the mobile app or web interface in order to protect my desktop data file. So I'm sorry, I can't help, because I've never used the mobile app or its budgeting features.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • DrMoneyBB
    DrMoneyBB Member ✭✭
    Options

@jacobs - thanks a lot for the quick reply ! Yes, the mobile app has a few great use cases and the implementation of the budget feature was especially lovely (till it broke for me…. 😪 ) . To your comment of overwrites: I can definitely see the potential for sync issues, luckily I was able to avoid them till now [fingers crossed 😃]. I would recommend to get into the mindset that the "source of truth" is the cloud based data file (and not the local copy on your mobile device or on your laptop/desktop) and start [AND finish] every session (whenever you touch the app) with syncing "religiously". Otherwise, versioning complication for the files between local copy and cloud copy comes into play and will definitely cause unintended overwrites.