Applying invoice payments to the second decimal place

Options
System
System Member admin

The description for this idea is located within the first comment.

This discussion was created from comments split from: Increase Invoice Quantity Character Limit [edited].

2 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Chuckco
    Chuckco Member ✭✭
    Options

Also unable to apply an invoice payment to two decimal places. It rounds to the first decimal

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Examples (image snapshots) and more details, please.

• Chuckco
    Chuckco Member ✭✭
    Options

Example attached. Trying to apply a 2235.55 payment to a 2240.00 invoice and it'll only accept 2235.00

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You're right. The Payment field in the New Customer Payment dialog is limited to entering 5 digits only.
    This should be reported separately as a bug. (I'll talk to the Moderators to see that this is sent up to the programmers)

However, if you entered the amount paid in the dialog's Amount field, then this should have correctly carried into the Payment field, without the need to enter anything (unless you had several unpaid invoices and wanted to allocate the amount to one or more specific invoices).

To get Quicken to allocate the correct amount, set the Payment field to 0.00, tab away and then click the Pay field to put a checkmark into it. This will set Payment to the correct amount paid.

• Chuckco
    Chuckco Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks … I actually found this issue since I do indeed have one payment allocated to several invoices. This is a common practice. Thanks for the response and forwarding on to the programmers. Seems like this should be a number field vice a text anyway given quicken works with dollars … just my humble opinion. Hope they don't expand the text field to 7 characters and just push the issue down the field for larger amounts.

Thanks again,

Chuck

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Chuckco,

I went ahead and split your conversation into a new discussion and then changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.