edited April 19 in Before you Buy

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Upgrade from Deluxe to Home Business

Tagged:

Comments

• Porthole2
    Porthole2 Member
    Options

MacBook user with quicken classic subscription. I also am treasurer of a small HOA (23 homes, 10 boat slips) and using QC. I cannot find anywhere a list of features or differences between the various forms of quicken.

I would be nice to at least see what is available feature wise on the business version before trying out. As it is the classic version is only mildly useful for running an HOA and I am waiting for the business version to support invoicing. I'm guessing once invoicing is available the typical business reports would also populate? Tax reports for filing of an 1120-H would be helpful along with the typical A/R's, A/P's, cash flow and balance statements etc.

Quickbooks is out of the question, used that for years in another business and found it to be overpriced and bloated for a small business.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

All the editions of desktop Quicken have Classic in their name. Classic is to distinguish it from Quicken Simplifi which is a completely online product offered by Quicken.

There used to be a comparison of the editions on the Quicken.com website, but I can't find it at the moment since they redid the website awhile back.

Maybe someone else knows where it went.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Porthole2,

Are you looking for Business & Personal features for Quicken for Windows or Quicken for Mac? The Business & Personal features currently supported in Quicken for Mac are:

• Track multiple businesses.
    • Track business types for tax-related reporting.
    • Manage and assign business-specific categories.
    • Designate accounts for business use
    • Track mileage for easy tax deductions
    • Run business-related reports

If it's any help, here's a screenshot of the currently supported (in Quicken for Mac) Tax Schedule/Form items that can be assigned to a category:

It does not yet support invoices.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.