Amex doubling transactions

Options

I just recently got quicken and paid for the subscription. My amex transactions are being doubled, and now the total spend at the top is now wrong. Can someone help!

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you manually recorded transactions into your account register and then downloaded transactions from AmEx?

It's my understanding that, if Quicken cannot automatically match downloaded transactions to their counterpart already in the register, you can (and have to) manually match a downloaded transaction to the manually entered one. To do so, drag the downloaded transaction over the already existing manual transaction.
    This will also resolve the duplicate balance issue along the way.

If that doesn't help resolve the problem,

• either show us a portion of your register with duplicate transactions so that someone in the Community can advise
      How do I post a screenshot in the community from a mac
      Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.
    • or contact Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and request help. Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

This discussion has been closed.