Fix Disparity in Planning and Budget Report for _RlzdGain

Options
JohnM3
JohnM3 Member ✭✭

I do comprehensive income and expense planning. The category _RlzdGain shows net gain or loss on the budget report and on the income expense by category report but shows total proceeds in the planning tab when the category is included in the budget. I my view this is an error in the planning tab and correct in the other reports. I see no logic to showing sales proceeds in this gain or loss category information. If someone wants to capture sales proceeds as a budget source, they can include the transfer from the investment account to the cash account as a source in their budget. Hope this inconsistency gets fixed or some provision is made to select whether to use sale proceeds or gain / loss soon in the planning tab.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Who says that you MUST include _RlzdGain in your budget, especially if some or all of the gain is retained in the investment account, for later use or to offset losses?

If you need to show cash moved out of your investment account into a banking account as Personal Income, add the Transfer category "From [investment account]" to your budget.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree that is should be consistent with the reports. If I pull up even a transaction report and filter it to just the _RlzdGain category It get the "net amount", so that it clearly what is being recorded to that category and that is what the budget should be using.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited March 26
    Options

Hello All,

Since this request seems more like a request to fix a bug than to add/change a feature, I've converted it to a discussion.

I forwarded this issue to the proper channels to be further investigated. In the meantime, please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-9544)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• sergeduquette
    sergeduquette Member ✭✭
    Options

In my point of view, when developing a cash budget, you must include the total proceeds, as in the planning tab. If I make a profit of 10 dollars on a sale of 50 dollars, what I will be able to spend is 50 dollars and not 10 dollars.. Flexibility should be provided in budget monitoring reports to allow for the inclusion or not of the total proceeds.