System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Can't Save Reports.

Comments

• Pacoinconn
    Pacoinconn Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having a problem saving my reports to an Excel file. Been doing that for years and yet today when I attempted to do so for several reports, each time Quicken froze. How do I revert back to an older version?

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Pacoinconn,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. When did this issue first start? If it started immediately after a program update, did you try restoring a backup from before the issue started?

If you're wanting to revert to an older version of Quicken, you can find links to download the older patches in this article.

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"I'm having a problem saving my reports to an Excel file.  "Been doing that for years and yet today when I attempted to do so for several reports, each time Quicken froze"

I have no problem "exporting" Quicken reports to an Excel file in either R54.16 or R55.15.

"How do I revert back to an older version?"

That may be premature and might not help.  What release are you using (see Help > About Quicken)?

I suggest you create a New (test) Quicken file with a small amount of data (1 or 2 transactions should do it). In that test file, try exporting a couple of the same reports that caused you to submit this post. If those reports export successfully, there's a good chance you have some data corruption in your regular Quicken file.

In your regular file: Backup, then try Validate (and Super-validate, if the Validate doesn't help).

To Validate:  File > Validate and Repair file > put check mark in "Validate file" > OK.

To Super-validate:  File. Hold down SHIFT+CTRL and click Validate and Repair file > put check mark in "Super validate file"  > OK.

[If Validating with the other Validate check boxes blank doesn't help, try checking some (I'd skip the "Delete and Rebuild" "investing price history" and check it only as a last resort.]

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.