Can't Save Reports.

Options

I've been using these reports for over a decade. No issue saving them, reopening them or printing them. First I tried using an old report and resaving it like I used to and when I reopened it, it had a different name and different data. Tried from scratch same issue. Can't do my taxes without these reports. Entering the data manually will take me a decade. HELP. I've checked for upgrades, restarted the desktop. Not going to post a screenshot of my financial information. But you get my drift. When report opens, different name, different accounts, different tags and even different report name. Not even a name that I've ever given a report.

There was a 2023 discussion about this same issue, but the discussion is closed, so I'm not alone.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Big Irene,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. When did you first notice this issue? Which version of Quicken were you using when you first noticed the issue (if you recall)?

If I'm understanding correctly, you're opening the saved report, and what comes up is not that report, but instead a different report with different information from what you need? What happens when you create a new report and save it?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• MesaRider
    MesaRider Member ✭✭
    Options

I am experiencing the same problem since my upgrade a couple days ago to R55.15 27.1.55.15. Income by Security is the report that is not working for me. When I click on the saved report it gives me a bar graph instead of the circular graph for all time instead of the current year and the report does not show any securities, just the total for the accounts specified. The totals are not correct. I can re-create the report which looks correct, but when I save it and pull it up again the report is back to the bar graph and nosecurity detail. When I try to customize the report, the Securities tab is missing.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply @MesaRider,

Are you opening the problem report from the toolbar, from the reports and graphs center, or using a different method? Do you currently have the Early Access features turned on or off (to check, go to Edit>Preferences>Early Access)?

Does the report still show the correct name for the saved report, or does it display as a different report?

Since you mentioned the issue started after the upgrade to R55.15, to test for file-specific issues, have you tried restoring a backup from before the problem started, and testing to see if the issue persists in that newly restored file?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

• MesaRider
    MesaRider Member ✭✭
    Options

Kristina, I have been accessing the reports from the toolbar. When I pull the up under Reports/My Saved Reports & Graphs I get the same incorrect result. All 6 the reports have the correct name. All of them show similar incorrect reports without the pie charts and report detail. I opened a Quicken backup file from March 3 before the problem started. All the Income by Security reports have the same problem.

Dan

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you have a report added to the toolbar is it part of this? If you put a report on the Toolbar there is a bug.  They won't work unless the report is in the top level of My Saved Reports & Graphs

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• MesaRider
    MesaRider Member ✭✭
    Options

@volvogirl I am not sure I follow what you are asking. These reports have been on the toolbar for several weeks working fine. The report problems started with the last software update. What is the top level of My Saved Reports and Graphs? It looks like they are store in alphabetical order.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your replies,

The issue @volvogirl is referring to is a problem with some reports on the toolbar where they simply won't open when clicked on. The issue you describe sounds different since, in your case, a report opens and shows the correct name, but the wrong information. I tried to replicate the issue you're seeing, but couldn't get my Quicken to misbehave that way. I recommend you reach out to Quicken Support directly for assistance since they have access to tools we on the Community can't access and they're able to escalate the issue if needed. For Quicken Support's contact information, click this link. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• MesaRider
    MesaRider Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for your replies. I did take the issue to Quicken support. They were not able to resolve the issue and told me to wait for software updates. Meanwhile, I noticed while the report name I assigned the report did not change, the report type had changed. I then noticed in recreating the Income by Security report initially is now not correct, the new software verson does not include all the values by default. Once I clicked on the values I wanted, such as Unrealized Gains, the report is now correct. I deleted all the old reports and created new ones to take their place. This problem is solved until the next software update.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

I'm glad to hear the issue is resolved for now. Does this issue happen every time your Quicken program updates?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Big Irene

" ... I tried using an old report and resaving it like I used to and when I reopened it, it had a different name and different data."

Have you seen this?

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• MesaRider
    MesaRider Member ✭✭
    Options

This is the first time any issue has come up on an update for me going back to the 90s. I have only had Investment by Security reports on the toolbar for the last 5 years. They changed the Investment by Security report in the last update and that probably played a factor in the problem I experienced. At least I know the workaround if it happens again.

• MesaRider
    MesaRider Member ✭✭
    Options

I have seen the Early Access option, but that was not a factor in my problem.

This discussion has been closed.