How do I get Quicken Connect to work with City National Bank again?

Options

My Quicken Connect was working with City National Bank of WV and around March 16th it stopped. The Quicken error codes (FDP-108 on Mac) say that there is something on the bank website that needs addressed. I have a similar message on my Windows computer. I have no problem logging in to the bank website and there are no messages. I also get a message from Quicken saying the bank is denying access to my account.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @bfs,

To troubleshoot a FDP-108 error, please follow the instructions in this article on FDP-108 errors. It is similar to what you have already done, but with one major difference: You may need to use a different browser or incognito mode in order to get the prompts to appear on the financial institution website.

If the issue persists and you can't see any messages/prompts on the financial institution website, even using a different browser, then please reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance, as they have access to tools that we on the Community can't access and they can escalate the issue if needed. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• bfs
    bfs Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello Kristina, I actually contacted Quicken Support Thursday. They did not mention trying a different browser to see the message from my bank. I normally use Safari so I tried Firefox. It even taxed me because it did not recognize the login. Unfortunately there was no message or extra page. My Windows computer has the same issue. I also tried changing my bank password yesterday just to see if it helped. No help. I hope Quicken Support can come up with an answer. Thanks for the suggestion and please let me know if you have any others.

• bfs
    bfs Member ✭✭
    Options

I never heard back from the escalated ticket with Quicken. Just that it had been escalated. I recontacted City National Bank and this representative was very helpful. I needed to download a link from the Cash Management section of their website. She could not tell me why the link i previously had setup stopped working. This allowed Quicken to talk to City Bank. I hope this helps anyone else that has this problem.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @bfs,

Thank you for coming back to share this useful information with other users!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.