Cannot Open Files - Says My Passwords Are Incorrect

Options
Leon Pink
Leon Pink Member ✭✭✭

Tried calling Customer Support, they are closed. Opened two of my Q files and received a message stating my passwords were incorrect. My passwords are fine. Tried to change password, but the hyperlink isn't working.

Ran McAfee to make sure I didn't have a virus and came back okay. Rebooted afterwards. Then opened a saved backup file, but the same thing is happening.

I am using Windows 11, latest updates, since I always allow the updates to take place.

What is going on?

Comments

• Stefani Graff
    Stefani Graff Member ✭✭
    Options

SAME problem here.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and request help. Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• Leon Pink
    Leon Pink Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 27
    Options

Thanks for the above input.

I did call them last Monday. They had me go into myaccount.quicken.com and uploaded the latest version of Quicken. That actually did the trick as there must have been a corrupted line of code somewhere in my prior version.

Thanks for responding.

Leon

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"That actually did the trick as there must have been a corrupted line of code somewhere in my prior version."

HIGHLY unlikely. Such would have been in EVERYONE'S version … not just yours.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 28
    Options

No, it's possible that some bit(s) in some part of his Q executable got corrupted. That's why we have utilities like CHKDSK.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.