Settable date filter.

Options
TTSguy
TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭

I have large files and I really only need to use the latest 2 years of transactions at any given time. Would it be possible to create a date filter that would allow us to create a unique filter date and have quicken keep that selection so I don't have to go in every day and create a new custom date. Or a selection filter listed "Last 2 years" for quick use? Put a little flexibility in the Dates for transactions that we quickly and conveniently.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @TTSguy,

Quicken for Windows doesn't currently have a setting that would do that. It gives you several premade choices and a custom option to specify date range, but there isn't any sort of rolling "Last 2 years" option. If that is a feature you'd like to see implemented in future versions of Quicken, then I recommend creating an Idea post requesting the feature. Ideas that get enough votes may be implemented in the future. For instructions on creating an Idea post, click here.

You may be able to get somewhat close to what you're trying to do by selecting Custom from the filters dropdown and changing the year in the From section so it'll be 2 years ago. It won't automatically change the dates though, and may not remember your filter preferences after you close the program, so you'd likely have to change it every time you open your Quicken file.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think, the Custom Date setting recommended by @Quicken Kristina above is a good alternative.

Setting Custom Date to From 1/1/2022 to 12/31/2024 would give you your requested 2 full years plus this year and you would only have to change it once a year New Years Day.

This discussion has been closed.