Did you mistype your sign-in info? Please re-enter your credentials for XXXXX

Options
Judge64
Judge64 Member ✭✭

For the past couple months Quicken for Mac will crash in the middle of using the application. I even got a new Mac and it still happens.

In any case it happened the other day. After the crash it often makes me reconnect / reenter the passwords for most of the accounts. This time two of about twelve accounts (Discover Bank and Dollar Bank) give me this error message:

I tried these steps and the problem persists:

• I followed the steps posted to correct Error 103 and deleted Quicken passwords from the Keychain for the problem accounts
  • I tried restoring an old backup that previously worked
  • I moved my file to an older MacBook I have
  • I reinstalled the latest version of Quicken for Mac

None of the above works to resolve the problem and this issues has been going on for the past week.

What else can I try? I have seen several reports of this problem that have been occurring for the past year for different users and different accounts.

We pay money for a Quicken Subscription to be able to use these services so I would like to see this issue fixed along with persistent crashes that started about a year ago.

Thank you in advance……

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited March 29
    Options

Hello @Judge64,

To assist with this issue, please provide additional information. When you refer to the steps posted to correct the error 103, are you referring to this article? If you are referring to something else, then I recommend you follow the troubleshooting steps in the article on error FDP-103.

Additionally, you mention you've been having issues with persistent crashes for about a year. Do you recall if anything changed around that time (program update, unexpected program or computer shutdown, installing a new program, etc)? How often are these crashes happening? Do you keep your Quicken file directly on your local hard drive or is it on a networked drive/shared drive? Is it synced with any cloud services (such as OneDrive, iCloud, Dropbox, etc.)?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Judge64
    Judge64 Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes….. I followed the steps for error FDP-103.

I also logged out and logged back in and tried creating a completely new Quicken data file. When I try to add three of my banks, they are all giving the same error message.

This seems to be occurring with accounts that require a username and password entered into Quicken and not accounts that use a website log-in authentication.

I have been talking to Quicken Support and sending them log files. They were working on it and they told me to log out and log back into Quicken. Then copy paste my user names and password into the bank websites to verify they work. I could log into all three banks via a web browser. When I copied and pasted the user names and password into Quicken when adding the accounts , I get the same error message:

Given I tried creating a completely new Quicken data file and just tried adding these three banks with it still giving me this error message, there has to be an issue with the Quicken communication with certain banks.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I can see that when you contacted Quicken Support, you were getting a CC-929 error. They escalated that 929 error and sent an email when it was cleared. If the issue is persisting, or has gone back to a CC-929 error again, then you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance, since we on the Community do not have the tools to assist with that issue. Quicken Support is also able to escalate the issue as needed. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• Judge64
    Judge64 Member ✭✭
    Options

I replied back to the email I received from support (customersupport2@quicken.com) that thye have been sending me about this issues and told them I am still getting this error.

Hopefully, that is all I need to do in terms of contacting support. I still have this issue and it is very frustrating!

• Judge64
    Judge64 Member ✭✭
    Options

I see this issues is happening to other Quicken Customers as well. Here is another example of the same issue happening with different financial institutions and across different users.

Other users have contacted Quicken Support and have not had any success in getting it resolved.

Quicken is a paid service. Please help!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your replies,

Quicken does not provide support by email. The escalated team sent you the email to let you know that the issue should be resolved, and provided the link to contact support if the issue persists; they are not monitoring the email for a response. To contact Quicken Support, you would need to call or use chat. The contact information is provided at this link. Due to the nature of the issue, we on the Community do not have the tools needed to assist.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• froswrangler
    froswrangler Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I am having the same problems. I have double checked all my passwords and they all work. I have spent well over 15 hours with support. One rep said copy and paste your passwords, another said never copy and paste. Screens have been shared, log files sent, passwords changed….NOTHING WORKS and I cannot spend countless hours on the phone. Its been over a week since my last phone call. No emails and not updates. Every time I call support its like the first time and I start from the beginning.

• RaptorDad69
    RaptorDad69 Member
    edited April 12
    Options

This issue has made Quicken completely useless. 90% of my accounts can no longer connect and the last 10% i have do a funky work around. This issue and been around for over a year and there have been several Quicken updates since then that have failed to address the problem. I like to know how they expect people to continue to pay the fees for this [Removed - Language] program. This is nowhere near what Quicken used to be.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @froswrangler,

I sent you a DM. Please click the envelope icon near the upper right to read it.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• Judge64
    Judge64 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have contacted Support several times now and they keep escalating it but so far there has been no resolution.

I have eliminated the issue being on my end by doing the following:

1. Installed Quicken on two different Mac computers
    2. Created new Quicken Data File on each Mac
    3. Attempted to only add the accounts giving me the Credential errors on each Mac

On both Mac computers I get the same Credential errors for Discover, Dollar Bank and American Express Savings. So two different Mac's with fresh Quicken installs and a new data file result in the same error as my primary Mac.

I have also manually typed my username and password as well as copied the username and password from Google Password Manager. It doesn't matter either way.

The one thing all three of these accounts have in common is the username and password have to be entered into Quicken. My accounts that use the web browser to authenticate the accounts have no issues.

We are paying $85/year to use these features in Quicken so I would hope there would be a focused effort to solve this problem. If I have to keep manually entering data, then there is no reason to renew my subscription. Unfortunately my subscription just renewed two weeks ago or I would have cancelled it until this gets fixed.

• Judge64
    Judge64 Member ✭✭
    Options

I had not heard back from support in the past week since I last contacted them about this issue so for the heck of it I thought I would try to add one of the problem accounts. I am happy to report that all of the accounts that were giving this error are now working again.

This issue can now be closed….. and hopefully it never returns!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

I'm glad to hear the problem is resolved.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out!

Quicken Kristina

• froswrangler
    froswrangler Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

This morning, Bloomingdales downloaded with one transaction missing, I attempted a download again and the transaction was still missing. I did an account reset and now I am receiving CC-503 mistype password error. This is now 6 out of 29 accounts that are down. I am getting no where with Quicken Support or the escalation department.

• lablover57
    lablover57 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have the same thing with my bank. Is it an outage with Quicken, I wonder? Don't you love the notification one gets when they have an issue?

Quicken User since the DOS days...
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your replies,

@froswrangler,

Due to the nature of the issue you're encountering, I recommend that you keep working with Quicken Support and the escalations team. We on the Community do not have the tools needed to assist.

@lablover57,

To help troubleshoot, please provide more information. Which financial institution are you encountering this issue with? Are you seeing the FDP-103 error, or a different error message? When did the issue start?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• lablover57
    lablover57 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yesterday morning. Capital One Bank - New is asking you to reauthorize. Select 'Reauthorize' and follow the prompts to restore Quicken account access. (FDP-350). Keep reaauthorizing and get the same error. I know I am logging on correctly because I can logon to the bank and get in.

Quicken User since the DOS days...
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply @lablover57,

I can see you already posted a separate discussion about this issue, so I responded to you in that discussion. You can click this link to view the discussion.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina