Navy Federal Synch error (QWIN)

Options
2»

Comments

• Séan4488
    Séan4488 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2
    Options

I have had the exact same error for 3 or 4 DAYS !!!

500 ERROR and eMail confirmation that accounts are linked. I have a Profile with 9 NFCU accounts and another 3 accounts for my wife under a separate Profile. I finally resorted to DEACTIVATE the accounts but it didn't do any good. Then removed the the Financial Institution & Account number from 1 of my accounts but that didnt do any good either !!!

[Removed - Rant]

• db_rich
    db_rich Member ✭✭
    Options

Having the same problems as described above. This issue started after I saw a popup a few days ago in Quicken (Classic Premier) that a new connection method with NFCU was available. I've repeated the process but still see every time: (1) the 500 error message on NFCU site, (2) text from NFCU "NFCU Alert: Your NFCU account has been linked to the requested third-party service. Contact us if you have questions." and (3) Failure message on Quicken "Sign into Navy Federal Credit Union bank failed. Try again. Sorry, the sign in failed due to time out or a connection error. Select Sign in to authenticate via your web browser."
    - I've performed a validate and repair on my Quicken file, but saw the same results.
    - I changed default browser from Chrome to Edge, and got a little closer. There was no 500 error; instead the NFCU site showed a page with "Your accounts have been authorized successfully! You will now be redirected back to Quicken. If you are not redirected in a few seconds, you can close this window and return to Quicken."

But Quicken eventually gave an error message per (3) above. I tried this sequence (using Edge) a second time with the same results.

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The reauthorize action happened again today and the original internal server error was displayed.

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

NFCU Sent the following Message:

Good News!

You've successfully linked your Navy Federal account(s) to the requested third-party service

• aDail
    aDail Member ✭✭
    Options

My Quicken (R55.26 & previously R55.15) still shows my NFCU accounts connections as using Express Web Connect BUT I'm not longer being asked to convert to the new connection method. NFCU shows that I have authorized Quicken to connect. I am still able to get downloaded transactions with 2FA (which I like) but am worried that come the deadline that will stop. I have sent in a Problem Report to Support from my Quicken Classic Desktop.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@aDail said:

"My Quicken (R55.26 & previously R55.15) still shows my NFCU accounts connections as using Express Web Connect BUT I'm not longer being asked to convert to the new connection method."

Quicken should definitely show your Connection Method as Express Web Connect+, so I think you're right to be concerned.

I suggest you try the approach I posted earlier in this discussion (back on April 1).

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Séan4488
    Séan4488 Member ✭✭
    Options

Do we have an ETA on the NFCU Reauthorization fix yet? I've had problems with Chase & Citibank previously but they didn't take this long.

Is the holdup due to NFCU?

• Séan4488
    Séan4488 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have 11 Institutions and 26 Accounts in my DB. I run a Quicken Update every morning, 7 days/week.

My NFCU data was last updated on March 29, 2024 @ 7:44 am. I receive daily 500 errors trying to Reauthorize my 9 NFCU accounts. I have removed the NAME of the Institution and the ACCOUNT NUMBER from the Online Services pane then Turned Off Online Services for each of the 9 accounts before rebooting and attempting to re-add them. Nothing seems to work.

Apparently this is a known issue. Is there an ETA for a bug fix?

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Our teams pushed out a fix and want to confirm if the issue is resolved. Please let us know if you're still encountering this issue.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• philliesphan0880
    philliesphan0880 Member ✭✭
    Options

I just tried and got the same 500 error. Was there an update I was supposed to apply to Quicken first?

• db_rich
    db_rich Member ✭✭
    Options

I just tried and I got past the NFCU error but then errored at quicken: "Sign into Navy Federal Credit Union bank failed. Try again.
    This is exactly the same error I saw before today's announcement that the issue was fixed.

I shutdown Quicken, then started Q and tried again. No change in results, I'm still unable to connect to some of my NFCU accounts.

• aDail
    aDail Member ✭✭
    Options

I was finally able to successfully convert my NFCU accounts the EWC+.

@mshiggins your suggestion was the final bit that did the trick!
    Here are those steps:
    - Deactivate all accounts that will be switched
    - Initiate the Quicken "Add Account" process
    - "Continue" when told "We need your consent ...."
    - Click "Sign In" and supply User-ID/Password
    - "Authorize" (or "Grant Access") to the appropriate account(s)
    - At this point, I just click Quicken in my Taskbar since I'm usually not automatically returned to Quicken
    - Carefully insure the "found" Financial Institution accounts are Linked to the correct Quicken accounts
    -JP

In addition to the above, I made sure that Quicken was no longer authorized within NFCU AND I logged out of Quicken Mobile on my phone.

The only thing I had some difficulty with was "shutting off" Microsoft Edge as the default browser. For some reason, each time I tried to make Chrome the default, Windows left some of the related file types defaulting to Edge. Once I got all of those manually switched in settings, then I rebooted my laptop and after verifying Chrome would pop up as the default browser, I went through the above steps.
    Note that it took a very long time for Quicken to do the finalizing/cleanup tasks after successfully getting the approval/success reply from NFCU.

Thanks!

• Séan4488
    Séan4488 Member ✭✭
    Options

… 12 Days and counting !!!

• diannabill
    diannabill Member
    Options

I am also having trouble with Quicken and NFCU. I go thru all the login steps, but get the error message, even though I get an email from NFCU saying my accounts are successfully linked. Quicken - what's the problem?

• cbice1
    cbice1 Member
    Options

Still not working. I verified that I have the most recen Quicken update installed. The symptoms have not changed.

• Séan4488
    Séan4488 Member ✭✭
    Options

It still didn't work for me either. I tried it 2x but no luck.

• ron.p
    ron.p Member ✭✭
    Options

Boo hiss… this is very frustrating!

• db_rich
    db_rich Member ✭✭
    Options

This morning the 500 internal server error is back. Seems like we're moving backwards on this issue!

• philliesphan0880
    Options

Although that workaround occured to me as well, I would rather not remove my site data and re authenticate with every other site I use over the next few days. There has to be a way to program the connection to not receive the error.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for confirming,

We sent the feedback that the fix didn't work back to our teams and they are continuing to investigate the issue. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket# 10953302/CTP-9585)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Séan4488
    Séan4488 Member ✭✭
    Options

After multiple updates I haven't had any problems with any of my other institutions. I have a disdain for Google so I always choose any alternative that I think will work if it means I won't have to install anything Google on my box.

• philliesphan0880
    Options

can they try forcing us to incognito browser instead of default browser for login. I was thinking that might solve the issue but I suppose its possible connection will not work thru incognito.

• ron.p
    ron.p Member ✭✭
    edited April 23
    Options

Still no success with clean versions of chrome, edge & firefox. This is nuts. NFCU is the largest credit union in the nation, get it together Quicken and make this an all hands on deck priority!!!

• db_rich
    db_rich Member ✭✭
    edited April 23
    Options

No luck here. I downloaded a QFX file which allowed me to update an affected Quicken account; after deleting many duplicates. That account now shows that it is "setup for transaction download", but still does not work. I'm stuck at the 500 server error when I try to switch to the "improved connection method" and I get no data on the affected accounts if I perform a one-step update.

[Removed - No Soliciting]

• kenandtamf
    kenandtamf Member
    Options

Just installed new update from Quicken. Still getting the same error.