Capital Gains reports should include per share Unit Cost : Price : Gain/Loss

Options
J_Rapp
J_Rapp Member ✭✭
edited March 30 in Investments

When entering stock purchases and sales, we enter the number of shares and Unit Price (Bought/Sold) into the investment transaction dialog. Most investors are familiar with stock values at the unit level. When a stock sale is completed, I am more familiar with the entered transactional unit values than the extended values. I would like to see my original unit values to optionally appear on a capital gains report. The Unit Cost, Unit Price, and Unit Gain/Loss can appear as optional columns for the user community, they do not need to be required, but they should be available to have on any Capital Gains report as optional columns. This is a request to only have three more appropriate columns as optional to appear at a three or four decimals level. Thanks in advance.

2 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When entering stock purchases and sales, we enter the number of shares and Unit Price (Bought/Sold) into the investment transaction dialog. 

I don’t. I enter number of shares and total cost or proceeds, letting Quicken calculate unit prices. That is a common recommendation of many experienced users as a process that avoids rounding discrepancies.

That disagreement aside, I would not object to having optional columns for unit price data.

I’ll flag this to a moderator to have this discussion converted to an idea and relocated accordingly. Don’t get your hopes up though as changes to reports seem infrequent.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @J_Rapp,

I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.