Bug: Early Access Categories Not Displaying Properly

Options
JoelC
JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
edited March 30 in Reports (Windows)

I was running a number of reports yesterday while working on my taxes and noticed that the "Early Access" report window is not displaying the categories properly.

When customizing / selecting categories in a report using the "Early Access" format, the categories appeared per the below image. Notice that all "Audio and Video" categories appeared the same, all "Auto" categories appeared the same, etc. As a result, the "Early Access" format is impossible to use!

When customizing / selecting categories in a report using the "Current / Standard" format, the categories appeared per the below image. Notice that the "Audio and Video" categories are now discernible, all "Auto" categories are now discernible, etc. As a result, the "Current / Standard" format must be used!

Quicken, can we please get this fixed as the "Early Access" has a larger window and would therefore be much preferred were it working.

Thank you.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @JoelC,

I tried to replicate this issue, but couldn't get my Quicken to misbehave the way you're describing. Is this happening with all subcategories past the first level, or just with the ones in your screenshot? Were there specific reports this was happening with? Was this happening in saved reports, newly created reports, or both? Is it possible that the issue you're seeing is related to the issue described in the post linked below?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina , it is all report but only the first three categories (and sub-categories) in Business Expenses.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To me, the "feature" name "Early Access" implies that those who employ Early Access sort of “gamma testers”: getting access to a new feature which Quicken suspects may not be quite ready for prime time - so they want users to give the feature a workout.

As the link in Quicken Kristina's post indicates, gamma testers are already reporting problems with the Early Access report customizations.

I suspect the problem may not be readily reproducible as I don't think everyone experiences it; and of those that do experience it, I think the problem may take somewhat different forms for different users.

I don't think much that's said here will provide significant help getting the issue fixed; but I do believe that sending Quicken a sanitized copy of your data file via Help > Report a problem may contribute to getting the problem solved ... eventually.

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@mshiggins appreciate the reponse.

I was posting only to be helpful and recognize the "gamma user" aspect.

It is easily resolved by moving back to the current window format where things work. Just trying to b helpful to Quicken as well as other users who may stumble upon this challenge.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your replies,

Thank you for taking the time to come to the Community to report this issue! I forwarded this issue to the proper channels to be further investigated. In the meantime, please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

Quicken Kristina

• JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

A pleasure. If you need anything else, pleas let me know.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

To help our teams look into this issue further, please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina