What's the status of the Guideline issue?

Options
jjoslin
jjoslin Member ✭✭

It's been nearly 2 months since an updated was provided on this post [1]. Can someone from Quicken provide an update?

[1]

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When and update is available it'll be posted here. NOTE that this isn't necessarily a Q issue. Guideline could well have screwed things up also.

That it's taking so long to resolve SUGGESTs that Guidline is the culprit.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jjoslin
    jjoslin Member ✭✭
    Options

That it's taking so long to resolve SUGGESTs that Guidline is the culprit.

I actually reached out to Guideline first. They dug into the issue and concluded that their side was behaving correctly. They suggested reaching out to Quicken as a next step which is when I came across the ongoing issue.

I don't care who the culprit is but I do value communication and resolution, even if I disagree with the outcome. Asking for a proactive update to an ongoing issue that's affecting more than a single user is within reason.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"They dug into the issue and concluded that their side was behaving correctly. " OF COURSE they did.

The FIs always deny responsibility … even when we've PROVEN that it's their fault.

How are you connecting to them?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Asking for a proactive update to an ongoing issue that's affecting more than a single user is within reason.

It's not unreasonable… but it's just not the way things generally work. At any given time, there are dozens and dozens (if not more) of full or partial service interruptions among the 14,000+ financial institutions Quicken works with. When a problem is confirmed, the moderators post an Alert message here saying it's a known issue. After that, the moderators generally have no information about what's going on to resolve the problem, and most of the time, no one at Quicken does, because resolution involves Intuit or the financial institution or both.

For awhile, the moderators tried posting weekly updates to open alerts, saying "yup, this is still an open issue, and we don't know when it will be resolved." That didn't prove helpful to anyone, so they stopped posting those we-have-no-news updates. If one of the moderators were to reply to your request, that's what they'd say, because they don't have access to more detailed technical information about what the issue is and who is doing what or waiting on whom to move towards a fix.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.