One Step Update Freezes

Options

Since a recent update my one step update freezes Quicken Classic when reaching the Quotes and updates and investing area. I am also not able to enable the compare to brokerage account.

Tagged:

Comments

• jlreese
    jlreese Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here. I've tried super validating file as suggested over a year ago. Have to keep using task manager to shut down. I attempted to update just one bank account at a time with no success.

• aliceperryman2
    aliceperryman2 Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same issue

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

At what point does One Step Update freeze? Do you receive any error codes or messages? Do you know which release this issue started in?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jlreese
    jlreese Member ✭✭
    Options

I am on Quicken Deluxe R55.15 Build 27.1.55.15. Hadn't used Quicken for several weeks. So most likely the very last update it occurred? The Quicken app opens as usual. But each time I click on the "wheel" of One Step Update it freezes almost immediately. The circle spins for a second and freezes. No amount of time will change this. NO error code shows up. The ONLY way to close is to go to task manager. And I tried both validate and supervalidate on my file as well as totally shut down computer, etc. My Windows 11 did update recently as well. This is day 2 of frustration as it is that monthly bill time for me.

• jlreese
    jlreese Member ✭✭
    edited April 4
    Options

Today I got an option to update to R55.26 which I did. The one step update continues to freeze however 2 "smaller" accounts were completed this time prior to the freeze. These 2 accounts use direct connect and the others use web express. The big accounts - chase, cap one, Schwab did not complete - they all use express web connect.

• JLN55
    JLN55 Member
    Options

I had the same problem the last few days. When updating it would download my banking transactions but when updating and quotes, historical prices, or any data having to do with investments, it would freeze and the circle would go around for ever. To end I would have to use task master to shut down since it would say Quicken was not responding. I then went in and validated my file and those types of things. Then later it just started working again.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited April 5
    Options

Thank you for your replies @jlreese,

If the issue started right after the program updated, that may indicate a file specific issue. If possible, please try restoring a backup from before the issue started and verify if the issue is resolved in that newly restored file.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jlreese
    jlreese Member ✭✭
    Options

I tried restoring backup from early March as you’ve suggested. It didn’t work. The only accounts that update are the “Direct Connect” accounts. It freezes with the web express accounts - which cannot be changed to direct connect - i.e. chase, capital one and Schwab.

• jlreese
    jlreese Member ✭✭
    Options

I finally found the solution after reviewing other support articles. I totally signed out of the quicken (edit-preferences-quicken ID & cloud accounts and clicked sign in as diff user). Used same account of course but one step update appears to NOW work! As in it didn’t freeze. Unfortunately it is missing 2 weeks of transactions so will be a lot of catchup to do. Hope this helps others

• SonOfCalifornia_11
    Options

I am having the exact same problem but the sign out and sign back in trick did not work. Validate did not work. Supervalidate did not work. Nothing works.

• Tallivent
    Tallivent Member
    Options

Mine is freezing now too, for the last week. Everything is ok, until One Step Update reaches out to connect. At that point, it's game over. I'll do the steps above and let you know.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @SonOfCalifornia_11,

When did you first notice this issue? If you haven't already done so, please try restoring a backup from before the issue started.

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Tallivent
    Tallivent Member
    Options

One Step Update is still locking up the Quicken Software on my PC. I am running the most current version of Windows 10.

I tried validating & repairing the file. No joy

I tried to use synch, and it locked up again.

I tried signed of my Quicken ID and signed back as a different user with the same user ID and password. No joy.

I have uninstalled the program, restarted the computer, deleted the folder it was in, and reinstalled it into a folder with a different name. No joy.

Then I restored a 5 week backup file, and One Step Update works. However, in the last 5 weeks, I have closed all of those bank accounts, opened new ones with different banks and categorized all of the transactions for the last 2 years from every account that I have or had; several thousand transactions. Now, with the older file, I do not have those accounts, transactions, categorizations and I am trying to meet the deadline for IRS.

At this point, I am going to work with the current file and manually download transactions or enter them. I it is not reasonable at this point to start over adding accounts, downloading and categorizing 2 years of information. I am very frustrated.

• Tallivent
    Tallivent Member
    Options

I fixed it! After all of the above, I did a few more things….

I found and deleted every single Quicken file on my computer. No joy.

I opened the file, validated and repaired it. However this time, I selected every option to repair (quotes, I don't have quotes) and when available, I chose delete.

It is now updating.

• Tallivent
    Tallivent Member
    Options

I forgot. I also flat out deleted the Password Vault