Delete an scheduled transaction also delete previous splits

Options

I have deleted an scheduled transactions - my paycheck. I no longer work for them. Now all my previous transactions splits were deleted. I read you suggest to restore from previous backups, but it doesn't resolve. I will still have a It is unacceptable. scheduled transaction that I have to "skip" twice a month.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @ferd,

Are you referring to past transactions that have already been cleared getting deleted when you delete the series?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

How are you deleting the scheduled paycheck? I've never had an instance where deleting a scheduled transaction had any affect on past transactions.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Were your previous scheduled paychecks "posted" — e.g. you marked them as Deposited in Quicken, and they changed from gray type to solid black?

It doesn't make sense that opening a backup file would have the same issue with lost splits. The only thing I can think which could remotely mess up past transactions is data syncing with Quicken Cloud. Do you have cloud sync turned on? (In Settings > Mobile, Web & Alerts). If so, I would try turning it off, then going to Settings > Connected Services and clicking to reset Quicken Cloud. Then try opening a backup you haven't tried before — make a copy of your backup file first, so you leave the original untouched — and immediately go to Settings > Mobile, Web & Alerts and turn off Sync it is is on in this backup.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993