One Step Update Runs - No Transactions D/L - No Errors

Options
Greg Semple
Greg Semple Member ✭✭✭✭

I have had issues with OSU over the past 10 days. It disconnects my accounts from the bank and gives me CC-800 errors, which I fix. Then it OSU breaks again on another day, when OSU crashed.

Now OSU runs, it gives me the illusion it is working on all accounts, because I see the update symbol next to each account but when it says Complete, nothing is downloaded, OSU screen is blank and no errors. If I look in the Account Lists under the heading Last Download, it says Not Available.

Even if I go into each account and click the Settings icon and click Update Now, I get nothing as a result when it is done. No transactions, and no error messages. (The light is on but no one home.)

I know there are NEW transactions to download. If looked at my bank accounts (Chase) online.

Greg

[Edited - Removed Personal Information]

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Greg Semple,

To start troubleshooting this issue, since you said it's affecting all accounts, please try logging out of your Quicken, then back in again. To do this, please go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts. Then click the blue "Sign in as different user" link.

In the confirmation window, type "yes", the click the Sign Out button. Once Quicken finishes logging you out, it should bring you back to the login screen. Login to your Quicken, then test to see if the issue persists.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Greg Semple
    Greg Semple Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I followed your steps but when I ran OSU, I got a blank window indicating that none of the accounts were updated. The Account List still says under the heading Last Download, Not Available.

Any suggestions?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

To clarify, after the logout/login, did any transactions download? If transactions are now downloading and the only issue is the blank OSU and the Last Download showing Not Available, then the issue may be similar to this discussion.

If you're still having issues with nothing downloading and you're still getting those CC-800 errors (or those red circle with a slash through it symbols next to accounts), then the next step is to backup your Quicken file, then follow these steps from this article on resolving CC-800 errors:

First, you'll need to deactivate the affected accounts:

1. Select Tools Account List 
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Select Edit on each account with this error and Deactivate them on the Online Services tab
    4. When finished, close the Account List.

Second, reactivate the accounts:

1. Select Tools Add Account 
    2. Go through the flow of re-adding the deactivated accounts to Quicken, use your login credentials and answer any security questions, until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    3. Select to LINK each of the found accounts to the accounts you already have set up in Quicken. For accounts you don't want to link, select Don't add to Quicken

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• Greg Semple
    Greg Semple Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Kristina,

To clarify, after the logout/login, did any transactions download? No, there were no transactions downloaded after I logged out and in.

If transactions are now downloading and the only issue is the blank OSU and the Last Download showing Not Available, then the issue may be similar to this discussion. I'll take a look, sounds familiar to my issue without reading the thread.

If you're still having issues with nothing downloading and you're still getting those CC-800 errors (or those red circle with a slash through it symbols next to accounts), then the next step is to backup your Quicken file, then follow these steps from this article on resolving CC-800 errors: No CC-800 issues with what is currently happening.

Final thought, March 29th OSU crashed, and it seems like everything has gone south since then. Could OSU corrupt?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

There is a known issue with Chase not downloading/missing transactions. You can click this link for more information. However, if everything started acting up after the crash on March 29th, it is also possible that this is a file issue. If you haven't done so already, please try restoring a backup from before the crash and see if the issues persist in the newly restored file.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• Greg Semple
    Greg Semple Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I tried restoring back to March 25th and found I was having the same problems then. I'll check out the link you provided, later. We are out of state for 3 months, I'll be home next week and will try my desktop then.

Thanks,

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Greg Semple,

I haven't heard back from you. Did you have any luck on your desktop, or is the issue persisting?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited April 30
    Options

I think the key is to deactivate all accounts using EWC or EWC+, not just the ones with the error. Sequence of the steps is also critical. You need to deactivate all accounts first before reactivating them.

I have developed a procedure which I have posted several times that works for me 100% of the time for fixing multiple or reoccurring CC-800 errors. This procedure also works for fixing EWC and EWC+ accounts that don't download with no error messages. The last update date and time is missing or stale -

First do a Validate and Super Validate on your current data file (not required, but still a good idea):

Validate:

1. Go to File in Menu Bar
    2. Click Validate and Repair File...
    3. ChecK Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log

Super Validate:

1. Go to File in Menu Bar
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Check Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log

Deactivate online services for all accounts using EWC or EWC+

1. Make a backup of your data file.
    2. Deactivate all accounts using EWC or EWC+.
    3. Do not deactivate any accounts using DC or WC.
    4. Clear out the Financial Institution Name and Password in the General tab. You can leave them in. If you do, it will save you some steps in the reactivation process, but if you have had issues or errors with your sign on, then it is safest to clear these fields out.

After the online services have been deactivated, then reactivate all accounts.

1. Go the Account List, then "Activate" your accounts by clicking on "Add Account" at the bottom of the Account List window. You can also click on "Activate Downloads" in the "Transaction Download" column. The accounts will be activated by each financial institution, so you might not need go into each account.
    2. Go through the activation process, entering your user ID and password. When it comes to the "Add Account" screen where it lists all accounts, carefully link each account to the existing account on Quicken. It is critical that you double check every connection, even if the accounts are already linked. If any of your accounts use EWC+, there will be some additional authentication steps before you get to this screen on Quicken.
    3. After you have activated all your accounts, close and reopen Quicken, and then try an OSU again. If you get any errors, go to the account register and do an "Update Now", and then try an OSU again.

Please note that you can also reactivate your accounts by going into the "Online Services" tab in Account Details, but some users have found that that that doesn't always work for accounts using EWC+ that requires authentication from the financial institution.

Give these steps a try and see if it resolves your issues. Please let me know if you have any questions.

(I know it seems like a lot of steps to take to fix these CC-800 errors, but it is the only way I have found to permanently resolve multiple or reoccurring CC-800 errors. Again, the key is to deactivate and reactivate ALL EWC or EWC+ accounts, not just the ones with the errors.)