Pending Transactions ‘feature’ causes duplicate transactions

2»

Comments

• TJTex
    TJTex Quicken Canada Subscription Member ✭✭

@QuickUserPSP I am now running Version 56.9 (Canada Quicken Deluxe). I Still have the same problem. I Still get the Pending Transactions downloaded and I still get the duplicate transactions problem because of that.

• TJTex
    edited May 10

@QuickUserPSP I am not about to turn on that feature and screw up all my other account registers. I have it turned off. I want it off. I don't want to be bothered with tracking some imaginary numbers in my accounts. But @Chris_QPW Has it nailed with his post from May 2. His analysis is 100% right on. Quicken needs to work this issue with their SW and with the Bank of Montreal Mastercard. No amount of tinkering on our end is going to fix anything.

Note that I am now running version 56.9 of Quicken Deluxe Canada edition.

• TJTex

@QuickUserPSP The bank does not show the same transactions as both Pending and Posted (Cleared). It is a matter of timing. A transaction is Pending before it is accepted and then it becomes a Posted or Cleared transaction. Or if the transaction is cancelled by the merchant (as was several charges for my rental car in Phoenix) they are just removed from the online bank register all together and never appear as cleared transactions. Pending transactions are not included as real charges by my bank, only Posted or Cleared transactions are included in my balance. But Quicken downloads all those Pending transactions and treats them as Cleared transactions. Right now my BMO Mastercard can not balance and is out by over $5000. Quicken shows that my balance in the $9000 range but my Balance according to the bank is around $4500. That is the problem.

• TJTex

@Quicken Kristina You do realize that we are spending hours (for me it has been over 10 hours) sifting through all our transactions trying to identify what are real transactions and what are the Pending transactions that were downloaded. The last time I was able to balance my BMO Mastercard was January 9, 2024. I am forced to go through every transaction in Quicken and manually reconcile this against my paper statement from the bank in order to find the transactions in Quicken that should not be there then delete them. I have not been successful in balancing my credit card because of the volume of transactions. This is very frustrating. I am now running version 56.9 Quicken Deluxe Canada edition and I have just today downloaded transactions from my bank and there are still pending transactions and duplicates. When are you going to get this fixed?

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Thank you for your replies,

The issue is still in work. We do not have an ETA.

Currently, our teams are asking for anyone impacted by this issue to please send updated screenshots to assist with the investigation.

Please provide screenshots showing the pending transactions as they appear in your Quicken register and as they appear on the financial institution's on web site. Please also include the date/time of download.

If you are not comfortable posting that information here, you can send the screenshots through your Quicken program using Help>Report a Problem, and attaching the screenshots there. Please make sure to reference CTP-9701 in the problem report.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• TJTex

@Quicken Kristina For me, I have posted screenshots in this thread many times, plus many more times in related threads about this issue. I have sent in problem reports three times, complete with screen captures and all files. How much more do you people need? It is obvious that your software is interpreting pending transactions as cleared transactions for the Bank of Montreal Mastercard. This is an issue that needs to be fixed between you and the Bank of Montreal. This problem persists even to today.

• TJTex
    edited May 13

@Chris_QPW Stated:

"Do you notice that all my pending transactions have Pending for in the blue dot/status field?

You don't have that. Note that there are two modes possible for downloading transactions. If you have it so they go directly into your register then you will have a status column (first column) for reviewing new transactions, and that is where the "pending" is shown. If you have that option off you get your transactions into a Downloaded Transactions tab at the bottom of the register, and that is where another "Pending Transactions" tab would appear."

I agree that my register does not look like yours. Here is what the columns look like in my register for my BMO MasterCard:

The Uncleared transaction was manually entered by me today as I made a payment to my card.

Here is my Downloaded Transactions tab at the bottom of the register. As you can see there are duplicate transactions and there is no Pending Transactions" tab. I guess all of this shows that Quicken and BMO Mastercard are not working together properly.

You can see the transaction duplicates that will be entered into my register when I accept them, and I usually just accept them all.

And here is what I see when I look at my BMO Mastercard online:

You can see the 3 pending transactions from the BMO Mastercard view are mixed in with the 'Cleared' transactions in the Quicken downloaded transactions tab.

You can also see the duplicate Tim Hortons purchases (3 purchases duplicated for 6 transactions) in the Quicken Downloaded transactions tab and just 3 transactions in the BMO Mastercard under Posted transactions.

You can see the Urban Vogue Hair (1 purchase but 2 Transactions) in the Quicken Downloaded transactions but just the one transaction in the BMO Mastercard Posted transactions.

I hope @Quicken Kristina is looking at this and providing this information and screen shots to the SW team as she seems to need more information.

My Quicken was updated to Version R56.9 Canadian Classic Deluxe in the last few weeks. I am still getting this issue with that version.

• Quicken Kristina

Hello @TJTex,

Thank you for providing the screenshots. I will forward them to our teams!

Quicken Kristina

• TJTex
  • Quicken Kristina

Hello @TJTex,

When I check the ticket (CTP-9701), it shows it's still in work. We do not have an ETA. That's all the information available as of right now.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• D Morley
    D Morley Member ✭✭
    edited May 24

As of yesterday, Quicken is no longer importing pending transactions from my BMO Mastercard.

Now if we could just get rid of the annoying account verification every time!

• TJTex
    edited May 28

I noticed the no pending transactions today when updating my accounts. I'm all excited!!!!! Now to somehow clean up my backlog of transactions from January to May.

@Quicken Kristina Can you verify that this has been fixed?

• TJTex
  • Quicken Kristina

Hello @TJTex,

Sorry for the delayed response; I was out of office. When I check the ticket (CTP-9701), it is marked as Done with a comment saying the issue has been resolved.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• GemmyGems
    GemmyGems Quicken Windows Subscription Member

After wondering if I was losing it, I turned off the pending transactions because they show twice in the register and when you remove one, it removes both. It's nuts. I put my pending transactions in manually and don't need the quirks caused by using the feature. Turn it off in Preferences>Pending Transactions.

• TJTex
This discussion has been closed.