"Duplicate with current date" (Q Mac)

Options

NOTE: This idea is actually for the Mac version, but your UI forces me to choose a subcategory under "Ideas for Mac Classic" and there are none for me to choose.

I frequently use the "Duplicate Transaction" feature, usually with a number of investment transactions that occur in succession. It's tedious to re-enter them manually, but when I go up to the last occurrence and duplicate them, it's annoying to manually change the dates.

How about this: In addition to Cmd-D to duplicate the selected transaction(s), maybe Cmd-Opt-D to duplicate the selected transaction(s) and automatically give them the current date. Either that, or make it a setting in the application preferences so duplicating a transaction can either keep the original date or always change the date of the duplicate to the current date.

2 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @PhillyMJS,

Thank you for taking the time to share and post your Idea here in the Community.

Just wanted to let you know for future reference, that this was originally posted in a Windows category, and I went ahead and moved it to the proper Mac category.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@PhillyMJS This doesn't directly address your request, but just in case you're not aware of this shortcut: in any date field, pressing 't' (for "today") changes the date to today's date. You do still have to open the transaction for editing, though. So you'd press Command-D, Return, t, Return. That's four keystrokes instead of the one you suggest, but if you do it frequently, you may at least find it becomes quick and automatic.

That said, I like the idea of adding a Command-Option-D keyboard command to duplicate a transaction and set it to today's date. (This would apply to banking transactions as well as investment transactions.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I don't generally use keyboard shortcuts. It would be nice if holding down the option key & right clicking would change Duplicate Transactions on the popup menu to do the same thing.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.