Manually Enter Bill Reminder

Options

I thought at one time there was an option in the actual Bills & Income list of reminders and auto entries to manually enter the bill regardless of the date set in the bills reminder properties by clicking an "Enter now" option. I thought it was under one of the "Edit" actions but I do not see this anywhere. Was it my imagination or was it actually removed?

It would certainly be a nice feature to simply go to a Bill Reminder and have a way to automatically enter it from the reminder list given all the register characteristics are already set up

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @jtgostars,

If you are not seeing the option to enter the Bill Reminder into your register, then perhaps Quicken thinks it's set to auto enter? To check that, on the Bills & Income tab, are you seeing Edit next to the reminder instead of Enter?

If you are, try clicking on Edit, and in the Optional Settings (near the bottom), check to see if it says Auto enter.

If it does say Auto enter, then click the blue "change" link and click the "Remind me" radio button and choose how many days in advance to be reminded.

Once you have done that, click OK, then click Done. Check to see if the option to Enter the reminder has returned.

If you are seeing something different, please describe what you're seeing (or provide a screenshot) so I can better assist!

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jtgostars
    jtgostars Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you, I did not notice that a bill had to be set as a reminder only in order to facilitate having an option to "enter" the bill manually. I am not sure I understand why that would make a difference. Almost all my bills I have in the "reminder/auto enter" list are never processed on exactly the same date month over month. Some of them have as much as a +/-4 day difference to the reminder date. I am curious as to why the option to manually enter an auto-enter bill is not available to allow for such a variance in the actual register date of the bill. Even if it only happens occasionally to be different it certainly would be a nice feature to have and I don't see any negatives to having the "manual entry" feature available on an auto-enter type bill

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

The auto enter feature assumes that you prefer to have Quicken put it into the register for you. If you would like to see the option to manually enter reminders set to auto enter, you may want to create an Idea post requesting that the feature be changed. Ideas that get enough votes may be implemented in the future. For instructions on creating an Idea post, click this link.

That said, there is a lot of flexibility in what you can set for due dates on reminders. You mentioned the bills don't always fall on the same day. What kind of interval are they on? For instance, if they're always due on the last day of the month, you can set the interval to every 1 month on the last day. If they come due every 4th Wednesday, you can set the interval to every 4 weeks on Wednesday.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can already manually enter an auto-reminder. It's just so obvious that most people don't see it. Select the reminder and click Enter at the top left.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thanks for pointing that out @Rocket J Squirrel,

To access that option, go to Tools>Manage Bill & Income Reminders, and once you click on the transaction you want to enter, you'll have the option to Enter that is shown in the screenshot.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• jtgostars
    jtgostars Member ✭✭
    Options

Took me a while to find this but in the version I am using; Quicken Classic Deluxe Version R55.26 Build 27.1.55.26 on Windows 10 Personal it only shows up if I go to Bills & Income-Bills, Income & Transfers Tab and then clicking on the Manage Manual Bills and Income button.

Again not sure why this its not part of the original bills reminders list and have it in the Edit/Enter button just like as if it was only a reminder and not an auto-enter bill. Quickens information architecture for actual usability once again leaves something to be desired

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 14
    Options

@jtgostars You asked for a way to manually enter an auto reminder transaction. I showed you how simple it is. Why the whine?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.