newegg Has Renewal Licenses on Sale

Options
jtemplin
jtemplin Member ✭✭✭✭

40% savings plus a few extra bucks with a promo code.

Deluxe for $32

Premier for $42

That's less than a dollar a week for Premier. The value I get from Quicken makes that a bargain.

I'm not posting direct links since I'm not sure that's allowed.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Before buying these, contact newegg to confirm that they are not for "new users". It is best to be certain about what you are purchasing so that you don't have to argue about a return of a mis-labeled product.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@jtemplin - thanks for finding these deals. Another item on sale is the Quicken Classic Business and Personal for 72.00.

@splasher - it looks like these are not for "new users" versions. Ironically, the "new user" versions are also listed for 58.89, 83.89, and 119.89.

• jtemplin
    jtemplin Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 13
    Options

Did the homework before posting. They are indeed renewal licenses.

newegg seems to have these sales around tax time. I bought renewal licenses there a year ago almost to the day (and, interestingly for the same sale price). Had to wait 4 months before my 6 month renewal window, but applying the code after that wait wasn't a problem.

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't see any indication, either in the detailed description or on the photo, that its a "new subscriber" version. I'll know for sure when it arrives.

Thanks @jtemplin for posting.

• jtemplin
    jtemplin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not to beat a dead horse…

The newegg listing for new subscribers only: "Quicken Classic Deluxe for New Subscribers Only - 1 Year Subscription [Windows/Mac Download]" and shows a package image with a black square in the lower right corner stating: "New Subscribers Only"

The listing for renewals (what's on sale): "Quicken Classic Deluxe - 1 Year Subscription (Windows/Mac) [Key Card]" and the package image has no black square.

Also noted: renewals get key cards, new subscriptions are sold as downloads. That makes sense.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I personally haven't found it "needed" to find a "new user discount", because in the retail sector (not counting Quicken.com) you can almost always find the renewal ones if you time it right for the same or better price.

But with that said, "new user only" wouldn't phase me at all. Ramifications of using a new user subscription:

• Need new Quicken Id, which has to have a different email address. Don't have another email address? Create one from any of the free ones and use it for either the old Quicken Id or the new one. Or for that matter change your email address in the old Quicken Id it an invalid one, they don't check it.
    • Switch Quicken Id on data file. This means that you now have a different Quicken Cloud dataset (a new one is created for you). This means that you will have most likely will have to setup your online services again, and if you are using Sync to Mobile/Web it will upload the initial time period it does, which I think is 2 years.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 13
    Options

BTW since someone might interested, but their subscription expiring is "far in the future", they should be aware of this. The most in the future your subscription can be is one year (you just renewed). The activation key that comes from a retailer is good for "at least" that year (as far as anyone has been able to determine, because I don't think it is stated anywhere). But all that is needed is 6 months. You can apply the activation code as early as 6 months before the subscription expires, so that is all that the activation code has to be valid for. Renewing your subscription 6 months before it expires is no different than applying it on the day your subscription expires.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

The most in the future your subscription can be is one year (you just renewed).

I don't think that's correct. If my subscription has 6 months remaining, and I enter an activation key, that adds a year to my subscription. So the most in the future a subscription can be is 18 months, right?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 20
    Options

Just a follow-up. Newegg is indeed selling a renewal code and it works as it should, extending the subscription for 365 days. Still on sale for $50 (for Premier), although it looks like they're no longer offering the add'l $8 promo discount.