Tax Planner will not save checked preferences

Options
GrandmaJo
GrandmaJo Member ✭✭✭

I am having continued problems with Tax Planner not saving my preference to use scheduled deposits and scheduled withholding. It keeps reverting to something else which completely throws off the estimates. I need this to be accurate so I can withhold the correct amount to pay all my taxes. I've tried validating and that either didn't help at all, or only helped for a short time….maybe minutes. Why can't Quicken fix this problem, which I've seen reported over several years if not longer? This feature is one of the main reasons I subscribed to Quicken.

Thanks to anyone who has a solution to this.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @GrandmaJo,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. When did you first notice this issue? Which version of Quicken were you using when the issue started? Do you sync your file to the Quicken Cloud (to check this, go to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web; if Sync is on, then you're syncing to the cloud)? Is your Quicken file directly on your local hard drive, or is it on a shared/network drive? Do you sync your Quicken file with any cloud service such as OneDrive, iCloud, or Dropbox?

Could you provide more information about how the Tax Planner is misbehaving? Is it always changing to the same wrong option, or is the behavior more random? When does it change (for example, does it change while you're on the page watching it, does it wait until you click to another section then come back, does it change after you've closed and re-opened the Tax Planner, etc.)?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @GrandmaJo,

I haven't heard back from you. Do you still require assistance?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Ray Cosner
    Ray Cosner Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This has been a problem literally for years. I have personally reported it several times in past years using Quicken Help / Report a Problem. You will find lots of comments on this issue if you search this Community.

One thing that helps (often, not always) is to File / Validate the data file before correcting the scheduled transactions selections in Tax Planner. Occasionally, this by itself will correct the problem (for a few weeks).

One thing that reliably triggers the problem is to sync the desktop data with the Quicken Cloud when there is a new split income transaction.

My current posture is to "Grin and bear it". Sorry.