Quicken mileage rate shows 0.00. I have the correct rate in milerate.txt. Any thoughts?

Options

The quicken mileage rate shows 0.00. I have the correct rate in milerate.txt. Any thoughts?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

More details, please.
    Can you show us an image snapshot of a mileage transaction showing the issue?

Have you edited and changed the milerate.txt file? If so, can you show us the edits (using Notepad)?

How do I post a screenshot in the community from windows

How do I post a screenshot in the community from a mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• ctfriend
    ctfriend Member
    Options

Please see the image snapshot of a mileage transaction showing the issue and the edited and changed milerate.txt file.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15
    Options

just tried it - Business tab - Business Tools - Mileage Tracker

BTW - where is that edit screen with your years & rates ?
    When I click on RATES - I don't have a line item for 2024 - but it worked fine.
    So… edited the MileRate.TXT file with 2024 and a test entry 0.555 - and it did change on the mileage entry from 0.655 to the 0.555
    C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\Localweb\Biz\

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• ctfriend
    ctfriend Member
    Options

The screen shot shows the mileage rate as 0.000. The milerate file shows the rate as 0.0670. I'm not sure what other details you need?

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15
    Options

just curious - what displays when you click on RATES in the lower right corner ?

BTW - I totally renamed the - milerate.txt file - and the mileage and RATES still show all the numbers up to 2023 - weird -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• ctfriend
    ctfriend Member
    Options

It shows 0.000

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

OK, let's doublecheck …

The milerate.txt file is in the folder where it's supposed to be:
    C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\Localweb\Biz\

To make sure that Quicken is allowed to access, update and save its configuration files please check if Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If it is, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in

If Quicken cannot create and use temporary files, all sorts of malfunctions will occur.
    Please verify this:
    In Windows Control Panel / System / Advanced System Settings / Environment Variables ensure that both the TEMP and TMP user variables point to a valid and existing folder,
    typically C:\Windows\Temp or C:\Users\your_username_here\AppData\Local\Temp
    If they point to an incorrect or non-existent folder or drive change both variables to an existing folder on C:\ or create one, e.g., C:\Temp, and reboot Windows.
    If the Temp folder is located on a too-small SSD C: - drive and you have an internal standard hard disk, too, move the Temp folder to the internal hard disk and change the TEMP and TMP variables
    If the folder exists … does your Windows User Account have proper access rights to this folder?
    If the Temp folder is full of junk, clean it out. Delete all files and subfolders within the Temp folder structure that Windows allows you to delete. You may have to skip a few that are actively in use.
    Make sure that files in the Temp folder are NOT accessed by MS OneDrive or other cloud backup software at all.
    Run CHKDSK C: /r on your C: - drive (or perform Error Checking from Windows File Explorer, Properties, Tools tab).