AMEX says authorization was success but Quicken says it FAILED. Cannot DL

Options

AMEX periodically requires REauthorization. It did so today 4/14/24. I followed the steps, logged into AMEX and checked the authorization box for Quicken. The AMEX website said the REauthorization was successful, but when redirected back to quicken, QUICKEN said it failed.

Tried this EIGHT times. Same result.

Will I have to keep my BUSIEST account by hand or change to other accounting software?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @John McNally,

When did this issue begin to occur? Today? What exactly is occurring when redirected back to Quicken?

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to redact any personal information as needed.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• John McNally
    John McNally Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I was getting AMEX telling me the auth was successful but when redirected to Quicken, the box said it failed. I reset the account about 5 hours later and the issue is fixed. I have three computers on the same account … don't know if I'll have to reactivate on the other two.