PayPal transactions not downloading and accounts won't connect - DNS failure (QMac)

Options
System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

PAYPAL Credit, Savings, Crypto NO DOWNLOADS (Again, Still)

Comments

• JoeyMaggard
    JoeyMaggard Member ✭✭✭
    Options

NOT WORKING AGAIN!!! It worked for a few days and now it just doesn't download transactions. No error message, just not downloading transactions. Also, when I update all accounts, the Paypal accounts don't show in the window at all. When I try to update selected account, Quicken opens this web page. https://fdatafeed-ccqd.platform.intuit.com/CustomerCentral/api This page loads with the following errors:

Service Unavailable - DNS failure

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @JoeyMaggard,

Sorry about the delayed response; your comment was on an older post that was started when we still had an open alert for the missing transactions issue.

Based on your description of the problem, it sounds like your PayPal account(s) got disconnected and won't reconnect (which would also explain why transactions aren't downloading). To start troubleshooting this issue, please backup your Quicken file, then go to Accounts>Add Account. Search for your financial institution and follow the prompts. Make sure to carefully re-link the account(s) to the correct nickname(s) in Quicken.

This should correct the issue if the problem is being caused by outdated information in the connection option you were using. If the issue persists, please let me know which connection option (eg PayPal, PayPal Credit, MasterCard and Crypto, etc.) you are trying to use and exactly where in the process you're getting roadblocked by the DNS issue.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• JoeyMaggard
    JoeyMaggard Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Not good. It sees my PayPal Credit account, but the PayPal Extras MasterCard doesn't show up at all. I tried both PayPal and PayPal Credit MasterCard and Crypto with the same result.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

To clarify, you're no longer getting the DNS error, but your PayPal Extras MasterCard isn't showing up as an option to reconnect?

To further investigate an account not showing up on the Add/Link screen, please answer these questions:

• Has there been any activity in the account in the last 90 days?
    • Is the account considered an external account (i.e. are you redirected to a different website when selecting the account on the bank's website)? If so, what URL are you redirected to?
    • Is the account a subtype of a different account?
    • Has the bank made any recent changes to its website or sign-in process?
    • Are you the owner of the account?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

• ksmwgoodin
    ksmwgoodin Member
    Options

I have the same issue as JoeyMaggard. Has not worked for months. Submitted a ticket with Quicken tech support. No resolution so far.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @ksmwgoodin,

To better assist with this issue, please provide more information. Are you getting a DNS error, a different error, or no error at all? If you're not getting any error, please provide more detail exactly what is/isn't happening.

You mentioned that you contacted Support. Do you have the ticket number handy, so I can take a look at that interaction?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina