Automatic Backup does not work anymore - Manual Backup works fine ? (edit)

Options
Av8rGurl
Av8rGurl Member ✭✭

I am running version R55.26, build 27.1.55.26. Just updated. Prior to updating, my automatic backup when exiting quit working. I updated, and it still does not work. I backup to a NAS. I can do a manual backup to this external drive, but Quicken automatic settings for some reason do not work. Please tell me how to fix. Thank you.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15
    Options

The settings are at Edit > Preferences > Backup. I have it set to make an automatic backup and remind for a manual backup every time I exit, i.e. the settings are both 1, and to keep 10 automatic backups. The manual backup is on an external drive.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Av8rGurl
    Av8rGurl Member ✭✭
    Options

I have tried every combination. Nothing works. I even changed to 10 auto backups (which is an arbitrary number) and nothing. I have manual set to 1 instead of 3, still nothing. I have the location set for my auto backups to my NAS. This used to work just fine.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I see this problem on occasion, just not as bad as you. I have QWin set to auto-backup after every session. It works for me about 4/5 of the time. About 1/5 of the time, QWin exits without backing up. I never could find a fix for this.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Av8rGurl and @Rocket J Squirrel,

To clarify this issue, does it happen only when you set the automatic backup to a location other than your computer's local hard drive?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Kristina I have QWin set to back up to my C: drive. (Backing up to an external drive takes too long for my limited patience.) I have a separate process which backs up to my NAS nightly.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for clarifying,

I forwarded this issue to the proper channels to be further investigated. In the meantime, please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Av8rGurl
    Av8rGurl Member ✭✭
    Options

It doesn't work auto backup to drive C: either. As far as the log files go, I do not get any error messages, so not sure what it would log. There are no current log entries, only the installation (from 2023). While I have had numerous things break in Quicken, especially after by bank divorced them, this is the most concerning. I won't be sending my data file, but I can report the problem if you think that would do any good.

• Av8rGurl
    Av8rGurl Member ✭✭
    Options

Ok, update. I had changed the location of my auto backup to Drive C: It didn't work. Then I went back in, changed it back to my NAS, and upon exiting it performed a backup, but I did not get the message that a backup was being performed.