Scanner error - can't complete your request because the specified file could not be found

Options
Sondra S
Sondra S Member

I am running version R55.15 on Windows. Since the most recent update I am unable to attach receipts to transactions. After scanning, I either get an error message "…cannot find specified date…" OR I can scan the image, but the application freezes and I have to force close/end task without saving.

Answers

• Sondra S
    Sondra S Member
    Options

Sorry, the complete error message is: Quicken cannot complete your request because the specified file could not be found.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Sondra S,

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Sondra S
    Sondra S Member
    Options

Still cannot scan, and now i get the same error message when trying to open previously scanned attachments.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Since Validate/Super Validate did not correct the issue, the next step is to restore a backup from before the issue started and verify that the issue is resolved in that newly restored file.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.