Expand character limit for account names

Options
sdave1234
sdave1234 Member
edited April 19 in Display/UI

I am writing to propose an enhancement regarding the character limit for account names. Currently capped at 40 characters, I believe extending this limit would greatly benefit your users.

Often, I find myself wanting to include additional details such as maturity dates, minimum balances, and other pertinent information directly within the account name. This allows for quick reference without the need to navigate into each account's properties.

By increasing the character limit to, for instance, 256 characters, users would enjoy enhanced flexibility and efficiency in managing their accounts.

Thank you for considering this suggestion.

3 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry, but that isn't going to happen. The 40 character limit is part of the QFX/OFX specs which aren't going to change.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19
    Options

One thing you can do today is to go to Tools > Account List, click on Options, and select "Include additional info when printing". Then when you click on the printer icon to print the account list, the report will include any notes you have added to the Comments box in the Account details.

You can print the report for quick reference.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

You are confusing two different things. Quicken doesn't use the financial institution's account name, which BTW is restrict to 32 characters in the QFX/OFX specs.

When you create/connect Quicken account to an online account it does send what the account name is there (or at least the first 32 characters of it), but the user is free to name their accounts any way they like.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/