How do I start my budget date on the 15th of the month?

Options

Is there a way to start your budget in the middle of the month?

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Your best option is using reports, since they typically allow for more customization.

For example, once you have your budget set up and have any expected bills/income reminders set up (click this link for more information), you can run a Current Budget report and customize the dates in the report. To do that, go to Reports>Spending>Current Budget. Click the date range dropdown near the upper left of the report, select Custom dates, then select the date range you'd like to see. That will give you a report that shows the Category, each month in the selected date range, then the totals for that date range.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @alanbenscoter,

The short answer to your question is no.

Quicken lets you choose between Calendar year or Fiscal year (the latter allowing you to choose the month to start on), but it isn't set up to allow you to pick which day within a month to start on. For more information on creating a budget in Quicken for windows, click this link.

Why are you needing the budget to start in the middle of the month? Depending on what you're needing, there may be alternate ways to accomplish it in Quicken.

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

• alanbenscoter
    alanbenscoter Member
    Options

The way my bills come out its easier for me to keep track from the 15th.

• Quicken Kristina
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Your best option is using reports, since they typically allow for more customization.

For example, once you have your budget set up and have any expected bills/income reminders set up (click this link for more information), you can run a Current Budget report and customize the dates in the report. To do that, go to Reports>Spending>Current Budget. Click the date range dropdown near the upper left of the report, select Custom dates, then select the date range you'd like to see. That will give you a report that shows the Category, each month in the selected date range, then the totals for that date range.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@alanbenscoter Just double-checking. Do you want your budget to run from the 15th to the 14th of the next month?

While you can customize your reports, as @Quicken Kristina suggested, I don't believe that you can start a budget on other than the 1st.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP