Split transactions do not appear in tag report

Options
RudyQ
RudyQ Member ✭✭
edited April 22 in Reports (Windows)

I tagged split transactions using category/tag in the split transaction entry window.

When I do a tag report, I do not see those transactions.

Also I am not able to retag transactions that are split.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @RudyQ,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. When did you first notice this issue? Is this happening with all your split transactions, or only some? Is this happening in a saved report, a newly created report, or both? Which tag report are you running? When I tried to replicate the issue, I ran an Itemized Tags report, and noticed split transactions show up.

Are you unable to retag split transactions from the register, from the report, or both?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RudyQ
    RudyQ Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you fir the response Kristina.

I first started using tags last week. This is when I noticed the issue.

I cannot retag split transactions

I now nanage to see them in itemized tag report by clicking again on the transaction in the register.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@RudyQ Did you record those Tags on each Split line?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• RudyQ
    RudyQ Member ✭✭
    Options

@NotACPA yes they are recorded.

I played with it more and it seems to be working now. But there is definitely something that is not consistent. I will continue to monitor the issue.

Thanks for the reply.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@RudyQ

I'm assuming that all your concerns are regarding the Itemized Tags report.

I'm not sure I totally understand all your issues, but I'll offer some observations that might apply.

The Itemized Tags report defaults to NOT displaying individual transactions; the default report shows only one row per Tag.

To see the individual transactions that make up each Tag row, you need to "Expand" the Tag rows. You can do that by clicking the "Expand All" button (above the report heading row) - or you can click on the plus sign to the left of each Tag row to see just the transactions for that tag.

You can change the Tag for a single transaction split line in a report by selecting the transaction; then clicking the Edit button (above the heading row) and selecting "Retag transaction(s)". You can get the same "Retag" choice by right-clicking the split line to retag.

What you can't do is mass-change split transaction categories or tags in Quicken reports. 

You need to initiate that split line mass change process in a (non-investment) account register (which includes the Quicken All Transactions pseudo register). 

The basic process to mass change split line fields is to use Find All to locate the transactions to be modified, then individually select each split line to modify (the split lines will be blue), click the Edit Transaction(s) button, and complete the process by telling Quicken which transaction field to "Replace" and what to replace it "With".

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• RudyQ
    RudyQ Member ✭✭
    Options

@mshiggins

I think you explained well what I was seeing.

It all works now for me as I tried some of the things you mentioned.

Thanks a lot!!!