Quicken Mac and its total lack of chart creation

Options

I came to Quicken to post about the lack of charts but found the below entry. I'm a Quicken Deluxe member. Shockingly, there is no ability to create simple charts in the tool. I don't even think there is a way to format and export a report to PDF in an easy way. While I know it's a popular feature request, it's surprising it wasn't offered years (decades?) ago.

Quicken for Mac

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@hbwilliams22 If you clicked in the links in the first thread you linked, you would see that the developers have now marked graph creation as a "Planned" feature. That means they agree, they have estimated the work involved and have assigned it a slot on their development schedule, but we don't know when it is actually scheduled to arrive.

I don't even think there is a way to format and export a report to PDF in an easy way.

Sure there is. It's not so much a Quicken feature as a basic macOS feature. Create a report, select Print, and in th bottom left, pull down the PDF menu to select to Save as PDF.

Another option depending on the report is to export it to a CSV, open it in any spreadsheet program, and clean it up to be formatted the way you'd like. This can be useful if you want to eliminate columns, shrink column width, change margins, change fonts, or otherwise tweak it in ways beyond what you can do printing a Quicken report.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

If you want to print to PDF you don't even need to use the pulldown menu. Since it defaults to PDF you can just click on the "PDF" button and it will go straight to the dialog to create it. I use it all the time, way more than I actually print to paper these days.