USAA Reauthorization required when switching between data files

Options
Mike Molloy
Mike Molloy Member ✭✭

I access the same USAA FSB account from two different Quicken data files.

Each time I switch to the other data file, I'm forced to reauthorize with USAA, which requires me to choose the accounts to link to. EVERY TIME. Extremely inconvenient.

Updated: I decided to try using the data file in Quicken running in another login on the same computer, so that I wouldn't have to switch the data file. Still have the same problem. It seems like maybe this is USAA requiring the Reauth? They don't seem to allow simul access from two separate data file connections.

Can this be fixed or is there a workaround?

Oh, and to make matters even worse, I use Chrome, but when I reauthorize I get an error page (reported elsewhere) and have to switch to a different browser. See:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Mike Molloy,

Some of the financial institutions that switched to Express Web Connect + are very fussy about the same accounts being connected in multiple Quicken files. The behavior makes me suspect that there is only one token being issued by the financial institution, resulting in a sort of tug-o-war between the files. Authorizing in one revokes the authorization from the other.

Have you spoken to USAA about this issue?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.