When sorting same day Investment transactions, all opening transactions should come first

Options
veegee
veegee Member ✭✭✭
edited May 1 in Investments

Currently, Quicken sorts the same day transactions in this order:

Buy, Sell, Sell-Short, Cover-Short

Presumably, Quicken does this to show 'opening' transactions (such as buy) before closing transactions (such as a sell).

However, a Sell-Short is an opening transaction (opening = beginning transaction of a trade)

Hence the correct order to show transactions is:

Buy, Sell-Short, [followed by] Sell, Cover-short.

This should be a very low effort, quickly fixable enhancement for Quicken to make (swapping 2 entries in a list used for the sorting). (Sorry, my 30+ years of software development experience does show sometimes.)

Please check with your investment experts to know that what I am saying is correct.

BIO= https://www.linkedin.com/in/venupgopal. Experience: BIO/details/experience, Education: BIO/details/education, Honors: BIO/details/honors, Skills: BIO/details/skills, Publications: BIO/details/publications, Patents: BIO/details/patents

2 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @veegee,

I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.