User interface issue when Quicken for Mac opens in Investing, Brokerage, Retirement

Options
Gilles9
Gilles9 Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
edited May 3 in Investing (Mac)

Only on the first launch of Quicken for Mac, when "Investing" to see portfolios is already selected (if Quicken opens to the Portfolio tab on the Investing, Brokerage, or Retirement account groups.)

The round arrow that shows that prices of securities are updated, goes aroung outside the selected place for the icon

see video attached ( Quicktime )… towards the middle to the end

Since I cannot insert a video, I changed the video extension from .mov to .pdf ( Change it back to .mov to see the Quicktime video

This is not happening on my Intel iMac running Monterey, but it does on my MacBook Air M1 running Sonoma

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I see what you mean but I can't replicate the issue. For me, the circle/arrow rotates in place as expected.

First thing you should do is restart your computer and see if it still happens. If so, be aware that you're not talking to Quicken Support here on the community. Best bet would be to call Support and let them screen share so they can see this happen in real time.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Gilles9
    Options

I did restart my computer

Only happens on the first launch, when Investing ( showing Portfolios ) is already selected

does not happen after when updating stock prices

I doubt support will do anything about this, I am posting this in case a moderator finds it necessary to sent to Product development, of course if I am not the only one experiencing this behaviour, and many confirm this is happening

Not a big issue, but I thought Quicken may want to know

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@gilles9 If you want Quicken to know, you should submit this report via Submit a Problem, where you can deswcribes the steps and include the video.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Gilles9,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to report this issue. I haven't been able to replicate this issue in my Quicken. If you haven't already done so, could you please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Quicken program? Also, just to clarify, when you mention it works properly on one computer, but not the other, is this using the same Quicken file, or different Quicken files?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

This sounds familiar, I could have sworn a few of us (including me) have seen it before but I can't find any previous posts in the forum about it.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@Jon I believe it was in the beta forum.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Gilles9
    edited May 6
    Options

@Quiicken Kristina

Different datafile, my main datafile on the MBA M1 "Sonoma" , and a Datafile I use to just test different scenarios on my Intel iMac "Monterey"

I tried reinstalling Quicken for Mac, same behaviour on my MBA M1, running Sonoma, don't forget it only happens on the first launch of Quicken, so you need to quit while looking at Investing Portfolio view, and then reopen the app to see it

I also sent a "report a problem" through Quicken, with the attached screenshot as above

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited May 5
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Thank you for the additional details. I was able to confirm that this is a known issue which has already been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you!

(QMAC-27328)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.