after update to QMac 7.6.1 - lost all of my Quick fill and renaming rules (edit)

Options

when I updated to the latest Quicken version I lost all of my Quick fill rules and renaming rules. That is a serious problem. How can I get them back?

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited May 8
    Options

When you updated to the new Quicken version, Quicken should have automatically created a backup of your file; you can try restoring from that backup & see if you get your rules back. Go to the File menu, select View/Restore Backup and look for a recent file with a name starting with "BACKUP (Pre-Update)".

• suecarternew
    suecarternew Member
    Options

I can't do that because I am just seeing the problem and my update to latest quicken was done in March. Can I do a restore with a backup file that was created several months after I updated Quicken.

It is very frustrating because when talking to the help desk they say there are no QuickFill issues or problems ????????

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@suecarternew Yes, you can try restoring a more recent backup. But your original post said the QuickFill rules disappears when you updated, so if that's correct, then restoring a backup from after the update took place will not have the lost QuickFill rules. But if you're not certain when they disappeared, it's certainly worth a try.

It is very frustrating because when talking to the help desk they say there are no QuickFill issues or problems ????????

I can't speak to what Quicken Support is aware of; I can only note that since Quicken 7.6.1 came out several months ago, I have not seen any problem reports similar to yours posted here in this forum.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • EKNAPP
    EKNAPP Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm late to the game, but I can concur that this issue is happening. All of my quick fill rules also were eliminated. It takes twice the time to reconcile now. Quicken Classic for MAC, Version 7.7.1, MacOS 12.7.4. This happened after I updated to 7.6.1 btw.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

We will be forwarding this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.