Connection to Paypal Credit and Paypal World Mastercard

bix6
bix6 Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

Re-opening as the same-named thread was closed in 2022. I am experiencing this issue again after it was fixed prior. Quicken support is telling me to contact PayPal. PayPal support is telling me to contact Quicken. Can someone please fix this once and for all?

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

Can someone please fix this once and for all?

@bix6 This is a community site, with mostly just fellow Quicken users here, along with a handful of Quicken moderators to keep the site organized No one here can fix a connectivity problem; for that, you need to try repeatedly with Quicken Support to try to get someone who can pin down that this is a known problem which Quicken and its connectivity provider, Intuit, are unable to fix without help from Paypal.

The best you can get here is whether other users are or are not experiencing the same problems; for that, it might help if you shared exactly which products, the connection method you're using, how far you get (able to link the account? downloads fail? balance is zero?) and what, if any, error messages you get.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • bix6
    bix6 Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

Hi jacobs, thanks for the note. Super frustrating there isn't an easy way to get this fixed. It's similar to the problems mentioned in the prior thread of the same name:

I talked to Quicken support and they were very dismissive of my problem. I can't just rotate through service reps until someone decides to look into this, that's a waste of time. I guess I will just hope they resolve it eventually. It sounds like bothering PayPal will be more effective.

PayPal connector logs in but fails to find my account using the Desktop app on Mac. Quicken support says this means PayPal is not sending the appropriate payload.

• sproctor61
    sproctor61 Quicken Mac Subscription Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta

Yep same here. It only finds my PayPal Credit account but not my PayPal Mastercard account.

• cs
    cs Member ✭✭

Synchrony Bank provides the Paypal Mastercard, and apparently the bank has stopped supporting Quicken. See this thread:

• sproctor61
    sproctor61 Quicken Mac Subscription Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta

Umm well I am not sure about that. My Wifes PayPal Mastercard works fine with Quicken and finds it during setup. Its just my card on my account it don't find, it finds PayPal Buyers Credit instead.

This discussion has been closed.