Morgan Stanley - Error code 16503 (QMAC)

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Morgan Stanley OL 292 B.

Comments

• brbebee33
    brbebee33 Member

Same problem under Quicken Mac, Version 7.7.1 (Build 707.53346.100). Error code 16503 for Direct Connect.

• mark a.
    mark a. Member ✭✭

Same issue here (Quicken for Mac - macOS 14.4.1)

• suits1346
    suits1346 Member ✭✭

Same issue with Quicken for Mac 7.7.1 macOS 14.4.1 Problem started today 5/11/24

• maxtn
    maxtn Member

Same issu cannot connect. Q7.7.1 Mac 12.7.1

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello All,

We will be forwarding this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• briandavis
    briandavis Member ✭✭

Same issue with Quicken for Mac 7.7.1 macOS 14.4.1 Problem started today 5/11/24

• mt60
    mt60 Quicken Mac Subscription Member, Mac Beta Beta

Same here. Version 7.7.1 (Build 707.53346.100). macOS 14.4.1

• kmagnush
    kmagnush Member ✭✭

Any updates on this? Will try it again on Sunday, but just looking for some hope.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello All,

Are you seeing this error with Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, or with a different connection option? If this issue is happening with a different connection option, please specify which one.

If you are encountering this issue with Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, then please be aware that this is a known issue which has already been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10914923)

Quicken Kristina

• briandavis
    briandavis Member ✭✭

For me it was both Morgan Stanley Cash Management and Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, but the Cash Management connection is working now. Wealth Management still isn't working.

• briandavis
    briandavis Member ✭✭

This morning Morgan Wealth Management is working for me!

• Zoolook
    Zoolook Member, Mac Beta Beta

MS Wealth Managent still not working for me and wasn't all weekend, and as of this morning eTrade has also stopped working, which uses the same connection.

• jschaffe
    jschaffe Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm seeing failures in Quicken E*TRADE. See attached screen capture.

• PWR
    PWR Member ✭✭

As of this morning, I'm unable to update my E*Trade account. Connection fails with Error Code: 16503.

Server Message: HTTP-403 Error from Quicken E*TRADE

• Same. For what it's worth, the E*Trade website had technical issues this morning. At first, it wasn't allowing me to log in, and then when that part got fixed, my account information wasn't available, and E*Trade had a message saying they were having technical difficulties. If I had to guess, E*Trade may not yet have everything back up and running, but who knows.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited May 14

Hello @jschaffe, @Zoolook, @PWR, and @andrewa121,

Are you still getting Error Code 16503 when you try to connect/update E*Trade? If so, please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

Thank you!

(CTP-10020)

Quicken Kristina

• jschaffe
    jschaffe Member ✭✭✭✭

I just checked, ETRADE connected normally again! Thanks for your help and support!

• briandavis
    briandavis Member ✭✭

Getting error code 16503 again this morning for both Morgan Stanley - Cash Management and Morgan Stanley Wealth Management.

Version 7.7.1 (Build 707.53346.100)

macOS 14.4.1

• Barry Cheskin
    Barry Cheskin Member ✭✭
    edited May 18

Messages me when I log off that "Your Last Online Payment Connection Was Not Completed. Do you want to try again before exiting?". If I say yes I am getting Morgan Stanley - Cash Management Error Recovery when it tries to synch - it will not resolve itself. Quicken Classic Premier for Windows. VR56.9 Build 27.1.56.9

**I resolved this by deactivating Online Services for the account and re-adding it.

• Error 16503 is recurring frequently across many, including me.

Was working aok 2 days ago…

macOS 14.4.1. Version 7.7.1 (Build 707.53346.100)

What is going on and how to fix?

Thanks!

• mark a.
    mark a. Member ✭✭

Same here — Error 16503 which occurred last weekend as well.

• jonjester5227
    jonjester5227 Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

Same error Morgan Stanly wealth management

• jonjester5227
    jonjester5227 Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

I stopped the connection and then tried to reconnect several days ago and it did not work, same error. Today I tried the same thing , same error, but this time got an email from Morgan Stanley saying that I needed to update my third-party data sharing preferences. Once I updated those preferences on their website, it now works.

• Same issue for me, error code 16503 with Piedmont Advantage Credit Union. I have been through several attempts at correcting, including disconnecting all three PACU accounts and attempting to reconnect multiple times. I have updated my permission with the credit union. I have deleted all previous passwords from the keychain, along with any other suggestions I could find online. I can log into my credit union with no issues and I can see where connecting with Quicken is authorized.

This is continuing four days now. Please help, I am out of ideas at this point. (Yes, I have sent error reports)

This discussion has been closed.