One Step Update not working this morning 5/14/24 on Windows 11

What's wrong with one one-step update it will not update anything is your server down? no error code the pop-up says updating but nothing happens it just stays on the screen for over 30 minutes.

Quicken Premier

Release R56.9

27.1.56.9 Build

already sent you an online support issue with all the files on that

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @rabourassa,

To start with, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• askop
    askop Member ✭✭

I am having the same issue here…

• rabourassa
    rabourassa Member ✭✭

It took forever to update like 1/2 hour something must be wrong at your end or the banks 2 banks updated fast the others spinned and spinned for 30 mins it usually takes like less than 5 mins

• Jeffrey Masors
    Jeffrey Masors Member ✭✭

Updating accounts with One Step Update hangs "Processing data..."

Direct Connect accounts complete, but all Express Web Connect accounts hang.

QWin 56.9, Windows 11

• rabourassa
    rabourassa Member ✭✭

I did the one step update this morning everything updated except city bank there is a problem with them if you use 2 factor authentication it will not update if you remove it it will that is something you must fix I have other banks with that on and it works fine.

The problem is how long it take to update your servers are very slow, I've tried one step update on 2 computers same thing takes like 15-20 Mineuts to update, I have 1Gig internet speed and Quicken is the only program with this slow issue. What are you going to do about this?

Thanks

Bob B.

• John1947
    John1947 Member ✭✭

Updates through the Quicken server are now taking + 7 minutes vs !1-2 minutes prior to the software update. Only the "Direct Connect" entities connect and download quickly.

Asked Tech Support to scan my PC for issues. When I advised them that my issue is with Quicken, they said they are getting overwhelmed with Quicken issues and it appears they are having a problem on their end.

• LLHerrmann
    LLHerrmann Member ✭✭

Same here. Problem presented itself to me yesterday. I was offline for 4 days so cannot pinpoint when it broke, but it worked fine on Thursday, May 9th.

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭

Yup. Similar. It will finish, just takes about 30 minutes now. Direct connect completes fine. All others seem to just take forever or get CC-501 errors.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello All,

First, could you please tell us if you have cloud sync turned on or off? You can check by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web.

Also, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more Problem Reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• rabourassa
    rabourassa Member ✭✭

Anja,

My Mobil is off I do not use it here is a screenshot, Why would that slow things down for a half hour this just started yesterday this is unacceptable, what is quicken doing about it, I can't wait that long for this to happen.

Your servers have slowed down 100 times slower its ridiculous, something is wrong with this program and update what is being done to correct it????

Thanks

Bob B.

• rabourassa
    rabourassa Member ✭✭

I tried to send that report a problem says to many files to send then it only lets you close it what the heck???

• rabourassa
    rabourassa Member ✭✭

What should we use Direct connect or express web connect you keep changing the way we connect its a mess

• brewder
    brewder Member ✭✭✭

Same issue for me… Update not working for last 24 hours… hangs for like 20-30 minutes, then spits out CC-501 errors galore… I've submitted the report.

• rabourassa
    rabourassa Member ✭✭
    edited May 16

When will Quicken fix this server problem?

• fjbeiderbecke
    fjbeiderbecke Member ✭✭

I have been having issues for two days now. One step update takes forever and when it completes most of the accounts are CC-501. I have uninstalled and reinstalled quicken. Reset accounts with no luck.

What is happening here?

• rabourassa
    rabourassa Member ✭✭
    edited May 16

Yes been going on all this week

• judavis
    judavis Member

Agree with all above. Has not been working properly for at least 2 days.

• rabourassa
    rabourassa Member ✭✭

tat support supposed fix did not work still the same problem today 5/16/24 its your servers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you tried rebooting Windows while, at the same time, also rebooting your internet router/modem?

• rabourassa
    rabourassa Member ✭✭

Yes, and cleared all browsing history, rebooted the router, I've tried everything It's a Quicken problem they have to address at their end, they updated and it messed up this whole One -step update problem, nothing any of us can do at our end, they just need to find out what they did wrong and fix it.

• RedCar09
    RedCar09 Member ✭✭

This s 100% Quicken why it takes them so long to resolve is a crazy,

• rabourassa
    rabourassa Member ✭✭

Yes it is and they should admit it and tell us what they are doing to resolve it and how long will it take.

• RedCar09
    RedCar09 Member ✭✭
    1. They dont know or 2 they dont care…either is scary

• rabourassa
    rabourassa Member ✭✭

They Know reports were sent to them.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

On or before the day that you started having issues with Quicken transaction downloads, did you also install a Windows software update?
    If so, have you tried removing / restoring this Windows Update, so see if that might be the culprit?

• rabourassa
    rabourassa Member ✭✭

what update I dot know if it did I didn't do it if you have any questions if number of an update I can check

• Marshall
    Marshall Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 17

I am having the same issue. Examining the logs, the error "Maximum invalid signon count exceeded. Please contact your financial institution for assistance." when trying to access https://ofxdc.prd1.ncr.com/cmr/cmr.ofx.

I did contact my financial institution, and they could not find an issue.

This started on or about 09 MAY 2024.

Quicken:

Version R56.9

[Removed Screenshot for Privacy and Security]

• rabourassa
    rabourassa Member ✭✭

it’s a quicken issue they have to fix it

• Charles Dong
    Charles Dong Member ✭✭

Same issue on almost half of accounts using EWC+ with CC-501 errors. It started about 2 weeks ago. Deactivate and reactivate did not resolve the issue. Problem seems to be on Quicken server side.

• Michael Ambosone
    Michael Ambosone Member ✭✭

I am having similar issue. I have toggled off and on automatic entry in on line services box multiple times, installed a fresh download of quicken. Update takes forever. Another oddity, if I reset theaccount in online services tab, online balance is correct but transactions are not downloading. Whats going on? Please advise.