Paypal requiring 2FA during every one step update

John Rocke
John Rocke Member ✭✭✭

Paypal used to download without 2FA (two factory authentication) when performing one step updates. For the past 1-2 weeks every time a text message with a one time use passcode has to be sent.

Why?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @John Rocke,

This could be due to a recent change made by PayPal as the 2FA requirements do come directly from the financial institution. I suggest reviewing their website for settings that relate to "third-party access" or reaching out to PayPal directly for further assistance. It is recommended to request to a tier 2 agent or supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭✭

This change seemed to coincide with the other recent download issues which is why I thought perhaps it is related.

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @John Rocke,

The current alert for Paypal is regarding a CC-501 error message that does not correlate with 2FA.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

• wallenjs
    wallenjs Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 19

I was also surprised by the 2FA request via Quicken from PayPal - I logged into my PayPal account and turned of 2FA and was then able to download normally from PayPal via Quicken without the 2FA prompt. Unfortunately the next day Quicken indicated that I no longer had a connection with PayPal and I had to reestablish a Online Setup with PayPal. I can download transactions again, but of course I'm back to the 2FA request with every download.

• Dave Kacoroski
    Dave Kacoroski Member ✭✭

I am experiencing the same issue of being required to go through 2FA every time I download PayPal (this began just recently). From the responses above I thought I could go to PayPal and turn off 2FA. re 2FA all PayPal discusses is turning on an authenticator app.

Sorry, I have no idea what this is, let alone how to do this.

• John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭✭

I went into my PayPal account and 2FA is turned off but I still get prompted in Quicken. Something more is going on here.

• garylapalombara
    garylapalombara Member ✭✭

My paypal mastercard starting asking for 2FA couple of weeks ago but it never sends the code. paypal is getting a 501 error but paypal mastercard is asking to send a code to my mobile but code never arrives so no transaction download happens. Tried to do a reset but get the need to send a validation code to mobile but never arrives? all versions up to date.

• ssllii
    ssllii Member ✭✭✭

Recently, I am facing the paypal 2FA challenge everytime I want to do "update now". Hope Quicken can help solve this.

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello All,

Please let me know when you have submitted logs, please keep in mind that logs are only viable for 48 hours after submitted.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Charlie Davies
    Charlie Davies Member ✭✭✭

Synchrony PayPal has been requiring 2FA during OSU. Even with providing the required information, transactions are not being downloaded. This has been going on for at least 2 weeks. Something has chaged and disabling 2FA does not resolve the issue. I have uploaded data files via Help→Report a Problem.

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @Charlie Davies,

Thank you for coming back to let us know!

-Quicken Jasmine

• I am having the same issue with PayPal Mastercard requiring 2FA for One Step Update. May PayPal account updates normally, without issue. It is only the PayPal Mastercard account the requires 2FA.

• cs
    cs Member ✭✭

Apparently Synchrony Bank is no longer supporting Quicken. See this thread:

• Raf1919
    Raf1919 Member

Is there an update to the Paypal issue, its been weeks now.

• chimjuga@
    chimjuga@ Member ✭✭

I'm also experiencing this issue

• Alex Obeso
    Alex Obeso Member ✭✭

I too am experiencing the issue. It's a big pain.

• brewtoo64
    brewtoo64 Member, Windows Beta Beta

Paypal won't download for me, even with 2FA.

• stevedm1
    stevedm1 Member ✭✭

Add me to the list. This is just 1 of many issues I'm having this year with Quicken, bill reminders disappearing, not being able to select an account to link downloads to, ONU saying it can't contact QVC when I am updating my Sam's Club card. I go back to the DOS version, but this could be it….

• Is there no resolution for this issue? It's been months and it seems like someone is sitting on their thumbs.

This discussion has been closed.