American Express Savings Account no longer downloading

Stairclimber113
Stairclimber113 Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

I have always been able to connect to American Express to download my Savings account. I do not have an AMEX charge acct, just a Savings acct. I have tried adding a new account using several of the AMEX options, including AMEX banking. I get to where they send me a code to my phone, enter that and then get an error message FDP-102, details FL timeout. retry our system is not responding. This has been occuring for months.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @Stairclimber113,

Error 102 (or FDP-102) is displayed when a bank is selected that is unavailable; or you have changed your sign-in information with your financial institution and the new credentials are not carried over to Quicken. You may follow this link to access a FAQ that provides more information and troubleshooting steps. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @Stairclimber113,

Are you still requiring assistance?

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• SRC1954
    SRC1954 Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭✭

@Quicken Jasmine Since yesterday I cannot get American Express Savings to work either on Quicken or Simplifi. It has changed connection but using American Express, which shows my Savings and I can check to authorize it but when I return to Quicken, it tells me i have already connected all my accounts. Amex Savings is saying they don't allow the downloads to Savings.

Steve
    MS Money/Quicken Classic since 1991
    Quicken Simplifi since 2021

• Scott Saylor
    Scott Saylor Quicken Mac 2017 Member ✭✭✭✭

The latest from American Express HELP…. https://www.americanexpress.com/en-us/banking/online-savings/faq/mint-or-quicken/?linknav=en-US-oneAmex-axpSearchResults-1&searchresult=Quicken

Does the American Express Savings site integrate Quicken?

At this time, American Express Savings does not allow sites like Quicken to log in on behalf of our customers. This protocol is in place to protect Savings customers’ personal information. Savings does allow you to download transactions so that you can import them into sites like Quicken by following these easy steps:

1. Log in to your American Express Savings account
    2. Select the "Documents" tab at the top of the page
    3. Click the "Download Transactions" link towards the top right of the page
    4. Select the account that you want to download
    5. Select the “Start Date”, “End Date” and “File Type” you wish to download
    6. Select 'Download'

• checkyourmirrors
    checkyourmirrors Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

Any update on this and my Personal Savings accounts which I access via my normal Americanexpress.com login and had been working fine and no longer connected. When I try to Connect the two accounts, the web sign-in appears and I authorize all account including the two savings accounts, it flips back to quicken and only the credit cards show up. Not sure if Amex isn't completing the connection or if quicken isn't. The process for connection works normally, it just the savings accounts don't show up on the Quicken side after I authorize them on Amex.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @checkyourmirrors,

Please make sure you are connecting your Personal Savings accounts using the American Express - Banking connection.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• checkyourmirrors
    checkyourmirrors Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

That fixed the issue although previously I was using the non-Banking one and it worked and I assume when Amex had some issues a few weeks back, something changed and now requires this one. Thanks for the guidance and correction.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Thank you for the follow-up,

I'm glad to hear you were able to successfully connect.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.