Why has Solana (cryptocurrency) stopped updating the quote price?

Options
Lt.DansLeg
Lt.DansLeg Member
edited June 28 in Investing (Windows)

In the past couple days I've noticed the quote price for Solana has stopped updating alog with XRP. Not a huge issue, as I can just manually update it. Just curious if there is a reason for it.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Lt.DansLeg,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. What ticker symbols are you using to track these cryptocurrencies? You mentioned this issue started in the past couple days. Do you recall which day specifically? Was there anything else that happened around the same time (such as a program or computer update, unexpected shutdown, etc.)?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Lt.DansLeg
    Lt.DansLeg Member
    Options

Thank you for your timely response.

The ticker symbol I used for Solana is ^SOLUSD. I believe it stopped updating around two weeks ago (~MAY 13th). There has been a Quicken update around that time. I have also recently install Bitdefender (firewall) and Bitdefender VPN. My other stocks and cryptocurrency's seem to not been affected by whatever it is that is affecting the Solana update issue.

Again, not a huge issue. I'm just more curious if it's something I did so not to do it in the future.

Thank you.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Go to Tools > Security list and make sure the Download Quotes box is checked for any problem securities.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Lt.DansLeg
    Lt.DansLeg Member
    Options

They are all checked. As a side note, today none of them are updating. I know stocks wont be, but crypto is 24/7. Kind of odd. In the quote/price box to the left of the price is a clock picture that usually goes away after the price updates. Some only go away after I manually update them (my obscure cryptocurrencies) but as of today, even after manually updating, they stay there. Feels like I'm back to my old-school Google Sheets. LOL

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Is the issue with none of them updating persisting, or has it started updating again now that the holiday weekend has ended?

Since you already confirmed that the securities are selected to update, the next thing to check is that the ticker symbols are correct. If they're incorrect, follow the directions from this help article to update them:

1. Click the Investing tab.
    2. Click the Tools button, and choose Security List.
    3. Click the name of the security whose ticker symbol you want to change.
    4. Click Edit Security Details.
    5. In the Symbol field, delete the old ticker symbol and type the new one.
    6. Click OK. Quicken prompts you as to whether you want to keep the price history associated with the old ticker symbol, or delete the history and start over. The recommended procedure is to keep the price history.
    7. When Quicken prompts you as to how you want to handle the price history, select Copy quotes from [old ticker] to [new ticker].

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think you're wasting your time here.

This is not the first time security price downloads have failed for a particular security,  and I doubt it will be the last.

I don't recall anyone posting here being able to answer the question  Why" quotes for a security are not downloading, nor how to correct the problem.

[It's not necessary to own a security to get quotes in Quicken.  I added a security for your specific cryptocurrency (SOLUSD), and I also got no quotes. I tried to add XRP, but there are multiple securities that qualify for that Symbol;  the one I chose, did not download any quotes either.]

Quicken has no direct access to security prices;  they contract with a third party to provide security prices.

I believe you need to contact Quicken support to report the problem;  then wait until some behind-the-scenes communication occurs between  Quicken and their quote-provider.

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.