Elan Financial FDP-102 Download Error

MSterling
MSterling Member ✭✭

Elan Financial is experiencing download failure. Error FDP-102. Began on June 14, 2023.

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• cryopete
    cryopete Member

I have same error: FDP-102. First noticed June 15, 2024

• Tushar Talele
    Tushar Talele Member ✭✭

I am getting the same error. Also started June 15, 2024.

• TheodoreWDougher
    TheodoreWDougher Unconfirmed, Member

I am getting an error CC-502. What does that mean?

• coly8s
    coly8s Member ✭✭

FDP-102…same for me and now persisting for second day.

• gatorrob
    gatorrob Member ✭✭

Me too. First noticed it on June 15.

• Evanea
    Evanea Member ✭✭

Same fdp-102 as others since Saturday, 6/15. Tried disconnecting and reconnecting account through Quicken, same error. Can enter Elan Financial website online, so seems to be a problem between Quicken and Elan Financial again.

• kevincurtin9
    kevincurtin9 Member ✭✭

Same issue - download error June 15 and again today June 16

• MSterling
    MSterling Member ✭✭

everyone reporting this needs to tap Helpful to everyone else’s comment to get Quickens attention

• Evanea
    Evanea Member ✭✭

I am trying this tactic suggested by Boatnmaniac….so far, so good, taken from Boatnmaniac's advice at the end of these two threads (copied the bottom of the 2nd thread):

I have had the Fidelity credit card for about 4 years now. And I used to download transactions for it from Elan for most of that time because it was much more reliable than the now defunct Fidelity Rewards Visa Card download setup. But starting last September Elan started having a lot of download and connection reliability issues. I finally gave up on Elan (except in a test file) a few months ago because of all the issues and am now downloading the card from Fidelity because it has been so dependable and reliable.

You are correct that the credit card will not download with the Direct Connect Fidelity Investments connection setup. This past winter a new Express Web Connect+ connection setup up was created…Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts…and with this one the Fidelity credit card can be downloaded.

What I recommend to people who are downloading investment accounts with DC via Fidelity Investments is to leave that connection in place because it is the best one to use for downloading investment accounts. Then for the Fidelity credit card:

1. Enter & save the dollar amount of the Opening Balance transaction into the Memo field. (This step is not necessary but it is a good proactive measure that can be very helpful if/when a connection change causes the Opening Balance transaction dollar amount to be changed….which sometimes does happen.)
    2. Backup your data file.
    3. Deactivate the Elan Financial Services connection for the credit card.
    4. Do Add Account and select the Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts setup option. Use your regular Fidelity.com login.
    5. During the reauthorization process on Fidelity.com, select only the credit card….do not select any of the investment accounts.
    6. When Quicken prompts you, make sure to LINK it to your credit card account that is already set up in Quicken.
    7. When done, if the Account Register balance is not correct: Check the Opening Balance transaction dollar amount and if needed correct it to what you entered in step #1.
    8. If the Account Balance is still incorrect, scroll through the register looking for duplicate transactions. If you find any, delete one of the transactions and retain the other. (Duplicate transactions, if they exist, typically will be within the last 90 days so this will not be a huge task for most people.)

When done, you will have two connections set up for downloading from Fidelity: DC via Fidelity Investments for the investment accounts and EWC+ via Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts for the credit card.

Elan has shown for over 8 months that they can no longer maintain a good reliable connection and download process. Sure, issues do eventually get fixed but they will resurface at some point, again, or a new issue will come up so Elan continues to be a frustrating experience. Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts provides for a much more pleasant Quicken experience for this credit card.

• MSterling
    MSterling Member ✭✭
    edited June 16

Wow. This WORKS!! I never knew there was another option for Fidelity. I was using one that indicated Fidelity MAC (or something like that).

I didn't disconnect, the old connection first. Quicken gave me the choice to change the connection, upon the Link submission.

P.S. I only changed the credit cards, I left the other Fidelity accounts alone, since I never had a problem with those.

• Road2FIRE
    Road2FIRE Member ✭✭

FWIW, I'm also getting the FDP-102 error which began on 6/15.

• mayall
    mayall Member ✭✭

"Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts"

The above REALLY WORKS!

• nkrawn
    nkrawn Unconfirmed, Member

Getting error FDP-102 as of 6/15/24 continues through 6/17

• Same here

• Quicken Jasmine
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Quicken Jasmine
    edited June 17

Hello All,

We do now have an active alert regarding FDP-102 (CC-502) error messages with Elan Financial. You may follow this link to access that alert, you can also bookmark the alert for all further updates.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.