Quicken Displays Same info for Multiple Credit Union Accounts

Tim10
Tim10 Member ✭✭

When trying to setup Transaction Download for ERIE Federal Credit Union, in Which we have 3 Checking and 3 Saving accounts with the kids accounts, I can go through the steps and get to the Add account setup page in Quicken with no problem, but something like the following is Displayed on the left in quicken for the CU Accounts on the page where you link to each account in Quicken:

Checking 4100XXXXXXXXXX

Savings 1300XXXXXXXXXX

Checking 4100XXXXXXXXXX

Savings 1300XXXXXXXXXX

Checking 4100XXXXXXXXXX

Savings 1300XXXXXXXXXX

So there is no distinguishing info on the Quicken Page Like balance, Account name or balance to know which account I should link to which in Quicken.

Call #1 to Quicken Support got me a rep that said it should display the last 4, and that a case would be opened and emailed to me. After a few days of no email with a case #, Call #2 to support to ask for my case made me start all over with my explanations, try this, try that and resulted in a response of "call your bank, we only display what we get". So I called my Credit union and I was pointed to Plaid as the intermediary, which has been helpful and allowed me to see that they actually have, and display, good info that lets me know which account is which. So if Quicken goes through Plaid for my CU, they do have access to better data to display.

Any Ideas on what my next steps should be?

Tagged:

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

What's displayed in that Account Bar, to the side of the display, is that name that YOU gave the account in Q. It doesn't have to mean anything to the bank. E.G, my taxable brokerage account at Fidelity is named in Q as "xxx Taxable", where xxx is my initials. Wife's account is "yyy Taxable"

SO, do TOOLS, Account List, click EDIT adjacent to each of the accounts in question and change the "Account Name" to something more to your liking.

Take a backup before doing this, just in case.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Tim10
    Tim10 Member ✭✭

NotACPA - That's not what I'm referring to at all. I'm talking about when you setup linkage to download transactions from the institution, the window that displays the accounts from the institution on the Left with the New Name or Linking to an exiting account like below but with more accounts. I have the accounts already set up in Q and need to relink, but there's nothing in the Quicken window that allows me to see which account from the institution aligns to which existing Q account.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19

That's awful that your bank isn't sending enough info to distinguish the accounts.

Back up your file. Maybe link all accounts with distinct names of your choosing. After they're linked, you should be able to figure out which is which and correct the account names/linkages in your live file.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Tim10
    Tim10 Member ✭✭
    edited June 23

Thanks Rocket J Squirrel, The bank says it is sending the data through. Not sure where it is getting switched.

I was hoping to get some resolution instead of doing that as a workaround. What's most frustrating is that Quicken is making the consumer try to trace things through. Isn't that what support is supposed to do??

Extremely Frustrating that they put it on you to try to figure out and we don't have the tools, logs, insights to be able to trace it through..

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

"What's most frustrating is that Quicken is making the consumer try to trace things through. "

It's Erie that's making this difficult. Q can only work with what it's sent … and Q Support can't change that.

I was talking about the names of the accounts in Q. Which, per your graphic, are 'Savings 1000XXXXXXX".

Change those names, and see what happens. At the least, it will make figuring out "what's what" much simpler.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Tim10
    Tim10 Member ✭✭

Ya - I can do that to the Quicken name as the workaround - I get that. Per the Credit union, they pass to Plaid and it gets consumed from there. I was able to go to Plaid and see the last 4 and Balances, etc., so I think the CU is providing the details but in one of the hops, it's getting masked the wrong way. That's the most frustrating thing as a consumer trying to resolve this, is I can't trace the hops to get the accurate flow. The Quicken window Says "Quicken Classic uses Intuit to connect", The Quicken Support Rep I spoke with Says they use Morningstar. I'm not sure I believe the CU rep now. So Am I supposed to be expected to actually trace it through the actual hops? That's where I need help and not finding it

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

'Savings 1000XXXXXXXX' for savings account, person A
    'Savings 1000XXXXXXXX' for savings account, person B

To make it possible for you to be able to properly identify the individual accounts, how many of the masked account numbers would you need to become unmasked?
    Or would it help if the last 4 digits were unmasked instead of the first 4?

Somebody at Quicken will have to review, with a close look at your download log files, what the bank is actually sending. Somebody will have to determine who does the masking (x-ing out of account numbers to protect your personal information) and how to fix it so that you can correctly identify and activate your accounts.

I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and report this as an Online Banking issue. Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

• Tim10
    Tim10 Member ✭✭

@UKR - I have 3 Savings and 3 Checking accounts going through that CU, so showing 2 would do the trick. As you stated, what I need Support to do, to help me look at the details, Logs, trace, etc. to see the flow, and hopefully where the masking is occurring. I've had 3 Calls with Support already doing Screenshare. 1st Q Rep said they would escalate and provide me a case # but never did. 2nd call I made to get the Case #, told me no case was opened and then made me move source file, restore from backup and other tasks that I didn't expect would help and didn't - They ultimately said it was the bank and to call the bank, which I explained I did, but they pretty much said it was the bank and nothing they could do. During 3rd Call the rep totally related to my issue (Like the 1st), but said they couldn't do anything and to call the bank. Both 1st and 3rd Reps said it should show the last 4 digits. That's all I need to see to be able to distinguish which is account is which.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @Tim10,

First, I suggest creating a test file to see if the same issue occurs as it does in your main file. You can create a test file by navigating to File > New > Start from Scratch. After this, please proceed to add your Erie Federal Credit Union account(s). It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case).

Let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Tim10
    Tim10 Member ✭✭

@Quicken Jasmine - We did that with one of the Q Rep Calls I had - Same results.

This discussion has been closed.