How do I fix issue of not being able to download transactions from Wells Fargo?

Options

I have tried community suggestions related to this issue, but the information is old and seems to miss steps. My bookeeping is behind and negatively impacting my ability to do business.

Best Answer

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 21 Answer ✓
    Options

I think I just fixed it.

Validated and super validated. Got a bunch of duplicate charges, but mioght be fixed. Will watch, but VERY promising.

And your issue may be a bit different but validation fixed it for me and I believe all stemmed from the forced change last Sunday by Quicken to Direct COnnect from EWC+ in my Wells credit card. Worth a try. Good luck.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Steven Yellan,

Could you please elaborate and tell us exactly what happens when you attempt to download? Do you receive any specific error code(s) and/or message(s) while trying to connect that you can provide us with here, please?

Check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Steven Yellan
    Steven Yellan Member ✭✭
    Options

Error CC-501. "Error setting up accounts from Wells Fargo bank". checking1.qfx and savings1.qfx both download to my PC. I think perhaps there is a problem with how my online services are set up for express web connect+/or ofx direct connect. Wells Fargo suggests that there may be an issue with advanced data file?

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am having major Wells Issues myself and have another thread. I am pretty confident saying that Wells changed all EWC and EWC+ accounts to Direct Connect over last weekend. They had me reauthorize.

I had many glitches since, but as of this moment cannot download any transactions of any kind from Wells, even though on Direct Connect on every account. I think that might be part of your issue. Wells did prompt me to reauthorize. You "can" deactivate and reactivate and that will change connection type (I did that), BUT still cannot download any transactions and I think Wells bungled the change back to Direct Connect. Or perhaps even odder, never intended to.

Al I can tell you right now.

• Steven Yellan
    Steven Yellan Member ✭✭
    Options

Exactly! I tried the same tactics too = 0. I am unable to conduct my personal business affairs. I Spoke to WF support, but all they had to say was contact Quicken. What's your other thread?

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Any progress for you @Steven Yellan?

• loridow
    loridow Member ✭✭
    Options

None of my Wells Fargo transactions are downloading. Even with trying to reset connections.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yup. Please post with any updates.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 21 Answer ✓
    Options

I think I just fixed it.

Validated and super validated. Got a bunch of duplicate charges, but mioght be fixed. Will watch, but VERY promising.

And your issue may be a bit different but validation fixed it for me and I believe all stemmed from the forced change last Sunday by Quicken to Direct COnnect from EWC+ in my Wells credit card. Worth a try. Good luck.

• Steven Yellan
    Steven Yellan Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, Bob. The issue has been resolved. I tried various attempts to resolve the problem, but I don't remember which one finally worked. LOL I've always had a love/hate relationship with my computers for 40 years.