Can't download from Axos Bank

1235»

Comments

• Jim Bailey
    Jim Bailey Member ✭✭✭

@aglaroch download the QFX file, then open Quicken, or have it open when you download the file, either way. With Quicken open, double click on the downloaded QFX file. After a few seconds, go back to Quicken and you will see either the new transactions to be accepted into your account, or you will see a dialog box that will walk you through the steps to accept the transactions.

• dplatnyc
    dplatnyc Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I demanded that Quicken compensate me for 2 months of non-service for Axos (and counting). They agreed to extend my subscription by two months but would not offer any guidance/estimate of when a repair might come through.

• won’t be renewing next year you can bet on that

• Jim McLaughlin
    Jim McLaughlin Member ✭✭✭

Folks, the problem is Axos, not Quicken. I have multiple other banks, even simple credit unions, and there no other issues. I'm not leaving, and no one should leave, Quicken over this issue. Axos stupidly changed something, so I'm actively leaving Axos, and I suggest others do so, as well. The sooner the better. You'll be happier.

My motto is: Don't fret, act. Works every time.

• DWH
    DWH Member ✭✭

I completely agree Jim. I just closed by account with Axos - which I have had for years. Responses I received from Axos made it clear to me that they really didn't care about the concern many of us have reported to them. Their customer service was quite disappointing.

• Laserjock
    Laserjock Member ✭✭

I also agree with Jim. Been with Quicken for many years through lots of issues and they do work to resolve problems that are often caused by changes outside their platform that affect the use of their platform.

• meeotch
    meeotch Member ✭✭

fyi: help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3217626

"Financial institutions pay Quicken a fee to support the services that Web Connect provides."

Whether or not you feel like transaction download is a feature that Quicken is selling to us… (I personally feel like it is pretty much the only reason I pay for Quicken, vs. some other personal finance software.) They're explicitly selling it to the financial institutions. So it's really on both those parties to get it fixed.

fwiw, I have used literally dozens on FIs with quicken over the years. Outages like this happen several times a year, and often last for weeks. In approximately zero of those cases have the customer service people at the bank been able to say anything at all. I don't even bother reporting to the banks. I come here to make sure there's a thread, submit a bug report through Quicken, and wait it out.

That said, this outage has been far longer than average. I'll probably close my Axos accounts - but mostly for the reasons mentioned in my June 26th post on the first page of this thread.

• Just received this message from Axos after I sent them another message:

____

Thank you for contacting us!

At the moment our IT team is working on resolving this issue. This should be fixed on the near future and we will certainly notify all customers.

We apologize for the inconvenience this might cause.

Best,

Business Banking.

_____

They previously had replied that downloading directly from the Axos site into Quicken was the only solution (that does work but annoying if you have several accounts but after 2 months I had to make sure all my accounts reconciled so I did it). When I asked if management was aware of this issue, the business banking side gave a slightly more complete reply.

• meeotch
    meeotch Member ✭✭

I reported the problem, with logs, to Quicken on June 26th. I just now got my first response, which was a request for a screenshot of the error. Truly unbelievable.

• Ben
    Ben Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 20

If you select Axos Bank DC, it brought me to a page to enable it. Did a 2 factor auth with a text message to my phone, then it worked in quicken with my regular user/password using the "Axos Bank DC" option. This likely links to the same service that was brought up earlier, but it's directly in the application for those that don't feel comfortable putting your credentials in an unknown domain.

• Jim Bailey
    Jim Bailey Member ✭✭✭

Yesterday (Tuesday, August 20), I received a voicemail from Axos asking me to call them about the Quicken download problem I was having. I had previously sent a message to Axos through their Facebook page complaining about the Quicken download problem and also the fact that Axos support personnel are giving out incorrect information (i.e., that you cannot dowload a QFX file from the Axos website when in fact you can). I returned the call and got some random support person who knew nothing about the Quicken issue and not the person who had called me to begin with. This support person told me to deal with Quicken. I told this person that she was just giving me a canned response and was totally wasting my time. She put me on hold for a minute or so and then came back with a new message, that I could expect an email from Axos in two days that would address this problem. No further information about this, maybe the Quicken technical people dealing with Axos know more.

• waldemar
    waldemar Member ✭✭✭

@Ben
    Thank you for bringing our attention to this alternate way to authenticate from an AXOS institution, this is much more safe!
    I understand you did authentication and were able to perform first download from Axos, as many of us have also.
    The problem I had, and many others, is that the second download on the following day FAILS.
    Kindly update us if your second download today worked well. thank you

• Ben
    Ben Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 21

@waldemar I usually do one step updates 2 or 3 times a day. I've done at least 4 updates since my post and have received no further errors so far. I didn't have any actual new transactions to download though. I'll update in a few days when I'm expecting the next direct deposit and see if t starts erroring out for me then.

• waldemar
    waldemar Member ✭✭✭

@Ben unfortunately it did not work for me.

it seems to only work the first time you do this 3rd party authentication. I've done it now several times and now it does not work anymore…
    but interesting that they have created a FI Axos Bank DC specifically for Direct Connection, sounds promising…

• Ben
    Ben Member ✭✭✭

@waldemar Axos bank is probably the buggiest platform I've ever used in general. I don't hold a lot of hope of this ever working reliably. I'll probably just collect my sign on bonus and never use them again with the number of problems I've already faced with them. I wouldn't put this issue on Quicken, as much as I like to blame them :P

• waldemar
    waldemar Member ✭✭✭

@Ben I'm happy that it's working for you.
    Do you have a business or personal account? Mine is personal.

My account was downloading from Financial Institution = "Axos Bank" [has NO "DC" in the name!]

So my register is already connected to "Axos Bank" .
    I had no way to change the Financial Institution in my Axos register,
    SO I tried to "add an account" with "Axos Bank DC" but my credentials were not accepted…

I also Customer Service and they were very nice BUT had no idea of what to do about Quicken…

From what @Ben is saying Axos seems to be upgrading do Direct Connect but is having problems…

best

• Tired of this….. Transitioning to another bank now and will close Axos account when done. As an IT professional I know that heads would be rolling where I am for this to be going on for so long… No urgency.

• Ben
    Ben Member ✭✭✭

I know the feeling. You should be aware that the normal time to fix these types of ongoing issues with quicken when they arise is pretty normal to stretch on for months. If you are looking for an alternate online bank, Laurel Road and Sofi are both fine options that have been working great for me.

• DWH
    DWH Member ✭✭

Yes, I'll second the SoFi recommendation. I closed my Axos account and transferred to SoFi and have been very happy.

• waldemar
    waldemar Member ✭✭✭

are Laurel Road and Sofi both on Quicken too?

• DWH
    DWH Member ✭✭

SoFi is, I'm not certain about Laurel Road.

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭

Yes, Laurel Road works since it's actually Key Bank. Granted, Key bank has always been flaky for me with Quicken, so I kinda gave up on it.

• earshot
    earshot Member ✭✭

Most def' a Quicken problem, and it's a pain in the cajones, but life goes on.

Maybe Quicken and Axos had a lousy date…

At least they are both in keeping with the contemporary response to consumer issues: lack of accountability, and passing the buck.

• I moved to Charles Schwab…. No ATM fees anywhere. That is a big deal for me and one of the reasons I choose Axos

• Congratulations Quicken yet another FAIL! FAILURE to fix the problem….now going on for MONTHS…yes MONTHS. If I had this performance record at my job I would have been let go a long time ago.

I am now requesting a refund or credit from QUICKEN equal to the number of months/days that quicken has been unable to fix this problem. I paid for software, which is primarily used to connect to the bank and download data, and Quicken is in breach of their contract with me…the consumer to provide said services. It's one thing to have a temporary problem, but this is not a temporary problem after months of not working.

Perhaps it time to initiate a class action against Quicken for not only this miserable failure on their part, but the complete lack of intelligent and effective support. I would like to say this is a one off — it is not. This has become Quicken's Standard Operating Procedure. Failure to provide effective timely support.

• Ben
    Ben Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 7

@waldemar I haven't ever had any issues with Quicken and Laurel Road. There was a time when I had to hack the bank file to allow me to get Quicken and Sofi to work. I don't think you have to do that anymore, but you can search the forums for that thread if you need to. I've never had any issues with Laurel Road at this point.

@TrustNoOne It's still better than anything else out there by a long shot. The other software options don't even come close. Though it is quite frustrating how long it takes to resolve these issues. It's a 2 way street though. It's an integration between 2 different banks and you can't always fault Quicken for it. Many times the other side is the one messing it up. Fidelity for example kept changing the file format and breaking the integration. It would be nice if Quicken just went with an industry standard and completely abandoned this proprietary thing that Intuit built up years ago. [Edited - Language]

• Quicken team…..when will this be resolved? It's been months now since my accounts at Axos Bank have been updated and there hasn't been any updates to the alert that I have book marked since the first week of July. Are your teams really working on this to get it resolved?