Can't download from Axos Bank

Jim Bailey
Jim Bailey Member ✭✭✭

I'm using Quicken Classic Premier, version R57.16 on Windows 11. I started downloading bank transactions from Axos Bank a couple of years ago and had no problems until now. About 2-3 days ago, the downloads from Axos stopped. I tried to reset the Axos account, Quicken asked me to log in again to Axos, and i'm getting a message that Quicken thinks the bank login information that I'm using is not correct. I tried signing out of Quicken and signing back in but that did not help.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• meeotch
    meeotch Member ✭✭

Same here. Download broke a couple days ago, resetting the account fails, starting from scratch with Add Account gives CC-503 "Oops. Did you mistype your login." (I'm 100% sure the password is correct, since I'm pasting it from a password manager, and it works on the Axos site.)

I wouldn't be surprised if this is related to Axos migrating their business accounts to their personal account website, which has been going on over the past couple weeks, and ends tomorrow.

• Jim Bailey
    Jim Bailey Member ✭✭✭

Thanks, you’re having the exact same problem I am. I sent a note to Axos, have not heard anything back yet.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @Jim Bailey,

Just to clarify, are you receiving a CC-503 just as @meeotch is?

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Jim Bailey
    Jim Bailey Member ✭✭✭

Yes, same CC-503 error message.

• bvanderpol
    bvanderpol Member ✭✭

Same issue here.

• Been trying for several days, called AXOS no help. Guess it's time to wait a couple of weeks till this get this bug resolved.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

There are several entries for Axos Bank listed in the Financial Institution List.
    Which of these are you trying to connect to?

Are you sure you haven't missed some more or less recent announcements from the bank about upcoming changes? Are there any instructions on the bank's website about how to proceed and when to make some changes?
    The entries with a DC and WC suffix point to selections supporting either Direct Connect or Express Web Connect download protocol.

• meeotch
    meeotch Member ✭✭

Speaking for myself - I've been using the FI you have selected there for years. The only communication from Axos I've received recently is the note about business accounts being transitioned to the personal web platform. (I successfully switched my business accounts to the "Axos Bank" FI a few weeks ago - so I'm not even sure that transition is relevant to the issue.)

I have both personal & business accounts with them. All are broken in Quicken, currently.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

When logging on to the bank's website and looking at an account register, do they offer transaction download services in QFX (Quicken compatible) file format for a selected Date Range or for an entire monthly statement at a time?
    Have you tried to download and import a QFX file into Quicken instead of trying One Step Update?

Have you called Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and reported this as an Online Banking issue yet?

• meeotch
    meeotch Member ✭✭
    edited June 26

No QFX download that I saw. I reported the error through Quicken, with logs, though.

Unfortunately, with OSU breaking every couple of weeks for one account or another, I can't spare the time to sit on the phone with support for each incident. Maybe one of the other posters above can. I usually check quicken.com to see if it's a known issue, bookmark the appropriate threads, and wait it out.

• Jim Bailey
    Jim Bailey Member ✭✭✭

I spent a while on the phone yesterday with Quicken support and they were unable to find a solution. I have also spoken with multiple reps from Axos with different results and answers. One rep had never heard of Quicken and was no help. Another told me that downloading transactions into Quicken was only available to Axos business customers. My account is a personal account. I spoke with another Axos rep this afternoon who seemed a bit more knowledgeable. We went to the "download transactions" link on the page for my account on the Axos website. When you click on that link, it immediately downloads an excel spreadsheet of my transactions, without any opportunity to select a file type, date range, etc., like you see on websites for other financial institutions. He seemed a bit surprised about that lack of functionality, and after some research told me that in about 2-3 weeks I will be able to go to my account on the Axos website and download a QFX file for importing into Quicken. I think there is also a way to convert the transactions that I have downloaded as an excel spreadsheet into a QFX file for importing into Quicken. Not sure how to do that, maybe others can explain how that is done. I also tried to add a new account in Quicken for the Axos DC and Axos WC as mentioned above. The Axos WC simply creates a new account into which you would dump transactions from a QFX file from the financial institution. As I mention above, Axos does not currently offer a download of a QFX file. When I tried to add the Axos DC account, it went through a process of logging into my Axos account but ultimately I could not get that to work.

• meeotch
    meeotch Member ✭✭

I've had accounts there forever - since back before it was even Axos. Quicken express web connect has always been functional, though with the usual outages, as noted. So I doubt it's about finding a workaround, as much as it is about keeping the pressure on Quicken & Axos both to get it working again. As you've discovered - when something breaks, the front-line folks at the bank seldom have any info.

Coincidentally, while googling around related to this issue, I came across some fun facts about Axos that I didn't know. This isn't the place for that discussion, but if you google "Axos" and "Washington Post", there's info to be had. I use my Axos accounts infrequently anyway - I may simply close them, if the Quicken connection stays down for too long.

• LouB57
    LouB57 Quicken Windows Subscription Member

So there's definitely a problem here and all the moderators do is ask question after question after question. You know what the problem is here - you CANNOT download Axos transactions in Quicken. So Fix. The. Problem.

• nathanroemer
    nathanroemer Member ✭✭

Same issue here.

• DWH
    DWH Member ✭✭

Same. CC-503 when attempting to sync my Axos account. No issues doing this until the past few days. No problem signing in directly to Axos website with same UID/PSWD.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    edited June 27

Hi All, can you please submit logs by going to Help> Report a Problem and let me know when you have done so? I have reported this to be looked into. Thanks!

(CTP-10315)

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jim McLaughlin
    Jim McLaughlin Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 27

Same issue here. The frustrating thing is that Axos also doesn't provide other download options besides Excel. Wow.

New Quicken notice:

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello All,

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates and information.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• pgmuller
    pgmuller Member ✭✭

Having the exact same issue.

• MrO
    MrO Member ✭✭

I'm having the same problem and spoke with a quicken rep yesterday. So far today, I received no update on any action on this problem. In the meantime, my Axos online banking system is not updating and this could be a problem if it continues for a few more days.

Quicken support: please help!

• Joe_Mo37
    Joe_Mo37 Member

Same problem here. Attempting to add an Axos account with valid ID and password results in a CC-503 , message "Oops, we're having a problem" or a CC-929 with a similar message.

• Jim McLaughlin

Days are passing without any update. What's up, Quicken?

• HelenT
    HelenT Member ✭✭

I am having the same problem with download from Axos Bank. CC-503 error. Fortunately, I am in final steps of transitioning from Axos to another financial institution so my transactions for June are minimal. I have the printed bank statements so plan to manually enter them into Quicken. Reading the comments here, I realized that it is not Quicken but Axos. I will report it to Axos today, 7/4/2024. I reported it to Quicken today prior to reading the community comments. Thank you so much for all the information you put out to the community.

• Daniel Gould
    Daniel Gould Member ✭✭

Same problem here

• Jim Bailey
    Jim Bailey Member ✭✭✭

I just logged on to my Axos account from my desktop and noticed for the first time that when you choose to download account transactions, you are given the option to download in QFX file format. That is an improvement, as earlier you could only download in Excel format.

• Daniel Gould
    Daniel Gould Member ✭✭

@Jim Bailey were you able to download your transactions that way? I tried yesterday but whatever format I picked I got an error from the Axos site saying they were currently experiencing a problem with transaction downloads and that I should try again later. I also noticed my account view was strange with 2 copies of each of my Axos accounts showing up there - it all made me wonder if this issue is partially on the Axos side.

• Jim Bailey
    Jim Bailey Member ✭✭✭

I was able to download my transactions into a QFX file today. That’s the first time I’ve tried that in a while, last time I tried to download I could only download into an excel file. Maybe it was fixed between yesterday when you were having problems and today. I have not seen the other problem you describe, but today was my first time to log in to Axos in several days.

• pgmuller
    pgmuller Member ✭✭

Not sure why Quicken closed my ticket when this is still not working.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @pgmuller,

When I reviewed the ticket, I can see it was marked closed because the issue you're encountering is the same as the known issue, for which there is already an open alert. To track the status of this issue, please bookmark the Community Alert linked below, since any updates, when available, will be posted to that alert.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• Jim McLaughlin

Another 5 days have passed since Q provided a status on this. What's up, Q?! Why is this such a problem? Is our connection to Axos going to be forever via download?