Comments

• waldemar
    waldemar Member ✭✭✭

@Quicken Janean

https://nwp.ai/w/78

this update worked smoothly!
    it just verified my Axos credentials BUT did not create new

access ID and PIN;

old username and password worked just fine on website AND, most importantly, on Quicken OSU!
    thank you!

• Laserjock
    Laserjock Member ✭✭

Hi Janean,

While I appreciate the recommendation you made above about accessing AXOS? to generate some new ID and pin via a new URL, I have to agree with DWH and his comment about some totally foreign and unknown website where we are expected to give our bank credentials. This has not even come from us through Axos. From a security perspective, this suggestion is not the Quicken response I would expect and I have used Quicken since it was first developed many many years ago. Please let us know when Quicken will correct the URL and login information on their platform or when Axos Bank will correctly provide the information to Quicken that needs to be updated, so that we can login directly through Quicken not some obscure and unknown website. Thank you for working to help resolve this issue to the extent that you can.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin

Hi All, the link provided in my comment above is a verified link provided to us for API integration for Axos. We are still working on resolving the issue in product. I will relay that some of you did not need to create a new pin/ID to our team. You can try and contact Axos directly but a first level agent may not know about the link. I will continue to share updates as I receive them in this thread here. Thanks!

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Void2258
    Void2258 Member ✭✭

Same problem STILL.

• Jim Bailey
    Jim Bailey Member ✭✭✭

I went to the link the Quicken Janean provided above and entered the information. I didn't get new log in information as she suggested I would. After completing that, I went back to Quicken and entered my original user name and password info for my Axos account. For the first time in weeks, it finally downloaded transactions from Axos directly into Quicken. However, now when I do a OSU, I get the error message with regard to Axos asking if I have changed my password, I check "No," and the process continues telling me that it has successfully connected with Axos. That is not the case, however, because when the screen comes up summarizing the OSU actions, I get a CC-503 error message for Axos. Then at that point, I go to the Axos account and update it separately, not as part of OSU. It then appears to update correctly, but I'm not sure as I don't have any new transactions in my Axos account to download. It appears that the problem is persisting, though taking a different form.

• waldemar
    waldemar Member ✭✭✭

@Jim Bailey good summary; I just had the same experience w/ Axos OSU.
    When I "Fix It" » Success!
    I then closed Quicken, opened again and performed another OSU » no Axos Error
    Seems to have cleared it…

• Jim Bailey
    Jim Bailey Member ✭✭✭

I keep having the same error with regard to the OSU for Axos, that is, it asks me if I have changed my password, I say "No," then I go through that process I described above.

• Philip L
    Philip L Member

Worked for me on MAC. I was worried about cleanup on matching manual entries that I had made to keep a balance to be sure I wasn't overdrawn but it actually did a good job matching and cleanup was minimal.. Thanks @QuickenJanean

• Quicken Janean

@Jim Bailey, What happened when you went to the link I provided and are you on the latest release? You mentioned you did not get new log information. Thanks for the details you did share. I relay this to the team.

Quicken Janean

• mgm04
    mgm04 Member

https://nwp.ai/w/78

Worked for me!

• Laserjock
    Laserjock Member ✭✭

This link worked for me also. It appears that when AXOS changed their platform it now requires a customer to give prior permission to allow the individual accounts to be linked to a financial program such as Quicken. This is the same case I have with other banks where I must go onto their website and agree to allow my accounts to be linked to Quicken. They, however, post this requirement on their website that their customers must go to their permission page 1st as a requirement to be able to link their accounts to quicken. Or, I’ve heard it from them when I’ve called because I’ve had this issue sometime in the past with linking their bank to Quicken. However, they knew what was going on and steered me to the permission/acknowledgment page on their website and then everything worked. I recommend that AXOS do this as well as well and possibly that Quicken includes a notification to their users when people attempt to log onto banks for OSU’s that they may have to go onto these institutions first and grant permission for Quicken to access the accounts.

• Jim Bailey
    Jim Bailey Member ✭✭✭

@Quicken Janean if I remember correctly, the link took me to an Axos page. I used my original log in information to log in, and then got a message to the effect that I had successfully authorized the account. I had done that several weeks ago when this problem first arose and had gotten a similar success message. At no time did I get any new log in credentials. I then went back to quicken and linked the Axos account using my original credentials. When I did that several weeks ago I could not link the account. This time, however, I was able to download new transactions from my Axos account. I’m still not sure everything is ok with the OSU, I seem to be having issues with that but not when I update the Axos account separate from the OSU.

• DWH
    DWH Member ✭✭

Janean please inform Axos that using a nwp.ai domain is unacceptable to many who care about security. I know others are willing to give out their user ID and passwords to this domain but it's a classic phishing scheme to make the page look like a legit banking site and you enter your user ID and password and they capture it. I know you have stated that you have verified it, but quite honestly I don't know who you are so that's not trustworthy to me. This needs to be fixed using an Axos domain URL. I'm providing feedback to Axos as well that their security practices are substandard at best.

• Laserjock
    Laserjock Member ✭✭

I am having issues as well with the OSU portion of the AXOS download. It worked the first time I set up the AXOS accounts after going through the URL provided by Janean, but now when I do an OSU, it connects with Axos Bank, but doesn’t download any transactions and asks me if I changed my login credentials. If I say no, it goes through the iteration again and this time says success. I’m not sure that we are out of the water yet.

• Jim Bailey
    Jim Bailey Member ✭✭✭

@Laserjock that's exactly my ongoing problem.

• Jim Bailey
    Jim Bailey Member ✭✭✭

I just tried a OSU update and now I'm getting a CC-501 error with regard to Axos Bank instead of the CC-503 error I had been getting earlier. When I try to update Axos separately, not as part of a OSU, it appears to update correctly. Not entirely sure about that, because I don't have any new transactions to download, but it says the update is complete without any error messages.

• Quicken Janean

Hi @Jim Bailey @Laserjock and @DWH I have forwarded your feedback regarding your concerns and new errors and issues with OSU that you are now experiencing.

Regarding the CC-501 error, when Quicken is unable to connect to your bank account for recent transaction information, you’ll receive a message with these errors in the program. This is usually caused on the bank’s end — Quicken is blocked from connecting to the account. Typically, we have you wait 24 hours and then try again to see if the error clears.

I will message back when I hear back from the team looking into this error. Thanks for sharing this feedback.

Quicken Janean

• Laserjock
    Laserjock Member ✭✭

Hi Janean,

FYI, I had the 501 one error also after going through everything and went through the steps of fixing it. I said “yes” when it had asked if I changed my password and I entered my password and it connected but then came back with a 503 error for the next update. Each time I get the 503 error I say fix it and it says it was successfully updated, but at the next OSU, I got the 503 error again. Just some more input for you.

• Kale
    Kale Member ✭✭

That is scary. I wonder what finance-api.services is???? Hoping it is part of what Quicken uses for authenticating with banks for downloads

• Kale
    Kale Member ✭✭

That is a little concerning. Has anyone else tried this fix?

• Wow…worked for me. Using Quicken Mac.

Did not require a login or password change and my original credentials worked just fine.

Albeit, it was slow….took forever to connect while Quicken tried to make a connection, Got 2FA and then very slow once I selected my Axos accounts. Probably a good minute making the account associations and getting new data ported to my accounts.

If this fix works, it reasons to understand that AXOS knows what the issue is and just does not have the proper human resource skills to effectively and expediantly fix the issue..which makes sense as other banking issues (locked cards, etc.) have been met with increasingly bad information from the CSRs.

• Jim Bailey
    Jim Bailey Member ✭✭✭

Today I did a OSU update. With regard to my Axos account, I got an error message and it asked if I had changed my password. I told it I had not, then it went through to the end and told me that I had achieved success. But on the OSU summary screen, I got a CC-503 error with no new transactions downloaded from Axos. I know that I have a transaction to download. So then I updated my Axos account by itself. It told me that it had updated successfully, but that was not correct because it had still not downloaded the new transaction that I knew was there. I then went to the edit page for the Axos account and told it to reset the account. It went through the process of searching for my account, found the account at Axos, and linked to my account in Quicken. Then it downloaded the new transaction that I knew was there. So the download seems to work when I reset the account, but I would hate to think that I have to do that everytime I want to download from Axos.

• bitzjd
    bitzjd Member

Oh heck no…. That is super shady and just smells of identity theft. Enter bank credentials into some unknown link… what can possibly go wrong?

• Jim McLaughlin
    Jim McLaughlin Member ✭✭✭

The security concerns are valid, though I can see that it's a secure site, and signing in allows me to access my accounts, but the problem is that this is NOT a permanent solution. When I went back to update, I had to reset my access, going through the entire process again.

This website is NOT a solution.

As stated earlier, I'm moving to a new bank. Changing authentication processes without notification and without testing is unprofessional and reflects a culture that's bad for future business.

• pgmuller
    pgmuller Member ✭✭

This is still not working for me.

• Leland3
    Leland3 Member

I am confused after reading all the above posts. Is this a known issue that Quicken is working to resolve or do I have to make a change in Quicken. I have several banking accounts with Axos for personal and business purposes and changing banks would be a significant effort. Is Quicken working to resolve this issue? It has been over a month since I was able to download my information.

• Jim McLaughlin
    Jim McLaughlin Member ✭✭✭

Quicken says they are working on a solution, but so far the only solution is an independent Axos website to verify login ID and PW that then allows a normal account setup and temporary access (at least for me) to download directly into Quicken. The authentication process into Axos seems to have changed (without any notice) and Quicken software doesn't seem to be able to establish a sustained connection to Axos. Neither company is saying much or anything about the problem or plans or schedules for resolution.

• Void2258
    Void2258 Member ✭✭

This is ongoing for over a month without much in the way of communication from either party and the only "solution" being to disregard all security instincts and trust a site that has every single hallmark of being a phishing scheme.

• Jim Bailey
    Jim Bailey Member ✭✭✭

Now when I do the OSU I'm no longer getting the "Did you change your password" screen with regard to my Axos account. I'm just getting the message that the download has failed and there has been a CC-503 error.

• Quicken Janean

Hi All, I have shared your feedback and our team is looking into the issues you are reporting. I hope to have an update soon and will message here once I do. Thanks!

Quicken Janean